1. Isoastilbin, neoastilbin, astilbin and taxifolin have antimicrobial activities, they depress the growth of Streptococcus sobrinus (S. sobrinus) over a concentration range of 9.32-42.7 ug/ml and show GTase inhibitory activity with IC50 values in the range 27.4-57.3 ug/ml.
2. Isoastilbin has anti-acne and tyrosinase inhibition properties.
1. Lauric acid has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties against P. acnes.
2. Lauric acid displays preferential antineoplastic property, including induction of apoptosis in a CRC cell line.
3. Lauric acid significantly achieved suppression of methanogenesis and enhanced the sustainable power generation of MFC by 3.9 times as compared with control MFC inoculated with sludge without any pretreatment.
1. Terchebulin, flavogallonic acid and punicalagin have antiplasmodial activity, the IC50s of them range between 8-21 microg/ml (8-40 microM) against Plasmodium falciparum 3D7 and K1.
2. Terchebulin shows good antibacterial activity against Propionibacterium acnes, minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) = 125 ug/ml and minimum bactericidal concentration (MBC) = 250 ug/ml, demonstrates that terchebulin has potentiality as an anti-acne agent.