1. D-mannitol, a specific hydroxyl free radical scavenger, can reduce the developmental toxicity of hydroxyurea in rabbits.
2. A. fumigatus can produce and release sufficient D-mannitol in the tissues of infected animals to raise serum D-mannitol levels, thus, D-mannitol is a potential diagnostic marker for aspergillosis.
3. D-Mannitol has thermal properties, it could be as a Phase Change Material (PCM) for latent heat storage system.
4. D-mannitol has neuroprotectant effect in reducing the sensory neurological disturbances seen in ciguatera poisoning, it does not act purely as an osmotic agent to reduce swelling of nerves, but involves a more complex action dependent on the Na(v) channel subtype, possibly to alter or reduce toxin association.
1. Alpha-Solanine alters antioxidative enzyme activities and MDA and PCO concentrations and GST activity in fat body and midgut.
2. Alpha-Solanine has proliferation-inhibiting and apoptosis-promoting effect on multiple cancer cells, such as clone, liver, melanoma cancer cells.