1. Hirsutanonol or oregonin as an active ingredient composition for treating atopic dermatitis.
2. Hirsutanonol shows significant inhibitory effects on 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-induced cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression in immortalized human breast epithelial MCF10A cells.
3. Hirsutanonol has potent antioxidant activity, it shows significant free radical scavenging activity and exhibits inhibition effect on the mitochondrial lipid peroxidation.
4. Hirsutanonol shows potent cytotoxic activities against murine B16 melanoma cells and human SNU-C1 gastric cancer cells.
5. Hirsutanonol has chemoprotective effect on human lymphocytes DNA.
6. Hirustenone and hirsutanonol show promising anti-filarial activity both in vitro and in vivo studies.
Hirsutenone has potent antioxidant activity, it shows significant free radical scavenging activity and exhibits inhibition effect on the mitochondrial lipid peroxidation.Hirsutenone exhibits anti-cancer, and anti-filarial effects, it may exert a preventive effect against microbial endotoxin lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory skin diseases through inhibition of ERK pathway-mediated NF-kappaB activation. Hirsutenone attenuates adipogenesis by directly targeting PI3K and ERK during MCE in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes, underscoring the potential therapeutic application of Hirsutenone in preventing obesity.
Tirandamycin B is a BmAsnRS inhibitor, it is a leading anti-filarial drug . Tirandamycin B has antitumor and antibacterial activities.