1. Toosendanin (TSN) was used as a digestive tract-parasiticide and agricultural insecticide in ancient China;TSN is a selective presynaptic blocker and an effective antibotulismic agent, by interfering with neurotransmitter release through an initial facilitation followed by a subsequent depression.
2. Toosendanin has antifeedant and growth inhibitory effects, it can significantly deter feeding of 2nd- and 4th-instar larvae in diet choice and leaf disc choice bioassays, resp.
3. Toosendanin can induces outgrowth of neuronal processes and apoptosis in PC12 cells.
4. Toosendanin to be a novel L-type Ca 2+ channel agonist, which possesses a distinct binding site from BayK8644.
5. Toosendanin has effects on the growth, cell cycle arrest, induction of apoptosis and the involved signaling pathway in human promyelocytic leukemia HL-60 cells.
1. Isoalantolactone has the capacity to inhibit tumor cell growth through induction of apoptosis, may be mediated through caspase-dependent apoptotic pathways, S phase arrest, inhibition of phosphorylation of PI3K/Akt, and downregulation of Bcr/Abl, suggests it may as a potential cancer therapeutic compound.
1. Arecoline hydrobromide is a hypotensive agent.
2. Arecoline hydrobromide is formerly used as a cholinergic agent.
3. Arecoline hydrobromide is purgative, vermifuge and taenifuge agents in veterinary medicine.