1. β-Sitostenone has antioxidation activity.
2. Stigmasta-4-en-3-one(Sitostenone) can be used for the treatment of androgen-dependent diseases, especially for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
1. Fisetin is an anti-inflammatory flavonoid.
2. Fisetin has antimetastatic effects on prostate, breast and lung cancers.
3. Fisetin has beneficial effect on periodontal disease, may via inhibiting MAPK activation and COX-2 expression without affecting cell viability.
4. Fisetin suppresses the accumulation of intracellular lipids by inhibiting GLUT4-mediated glucose uptake through inhibition of the mTOR-C/EBPα signaling in 3T3-L1 cells.
5. Fisetin can inhibit UV-induced intracellular reactive oxygen species (ROS), prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), and nitric oxide (NO) generation, may be used in the development of photoprotective agents.
1. (+)-Nortrachelogenin shows effects on the central nervous system producing depression in rabbits.
2. Nortrachelogenin as a novel agent for prostate cancer therapy with ability to inhibit Akt membrane localization and activity as well as the activation of growth factor receptors (GFRs), thereby efficiently synergizing with TRAIL exposure.
1. Silodosin, a selective α-1a receptor antagonist, can increase passage of distal ureteral stones.
2. Silodosin can temporarily improve lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), but do not improve the bladder outlet obstruction index (BOOI) after implantation in the prostate, it is a useful option for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia .
3. Silodosin appears to suppress ejaculation in a relatively higher percent of trial participants, this suppression of ejaculation by silodosin suggested its potential for treating premature ejaculation.
1. Abiraterone acetate shows antitumour activity against metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel and enzalutamide (MDV3100), it can significantly prolong overall survival in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer who have progressed after docetaxel treatment.
2. Abiraterone acetate is a potent, selective, and orally available inhibitor of CYP17, the key enzyme in androgen and estrogen biosynthesis.
3. Abiraterone acetate achieves sustained suppression of testosterone in both blood and bone marrow aspirate to less than picograms-per-milliliter levels.