1. Friedelin possesses potent anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activities.
2. Friedelin possesses antioxidant and liver protective effects.
3. Friedelin may be a new useful natural gastroprotective tool against gastric ulcer.
4. Friedelin may be beneficial to mimic insulin action that would be useful in the treatment of diabetes type 2 patients.
1. Oxypeucedanin has novel anticancer effect, mediated via induction of G2-M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human prostate carcinoma DU145 cells.
2. Oxypeucedanin is a kind of open-channel blocker of the hKv1.5 channel and it prolongs the APD; therefore, it is an excellent candidate as an antiarrhythmic drug for atrial fibrillation.
1. Isovanillin is a selective inhibitor of aldehyde oxidase, is metabolized by aldehyde dehydrogenase into isovanillic acid ,and the LD50 (rat, ipr) is 1276 mg/kg.