1. Aconitine (AC), an active/toxic alkaloid from Aconitum species, is commonly present in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) prescriptions because of the great effectiveness of Aconitum for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular diseases, and tumors in clinic.
1. Beta-Asarone may be a potential preventive drug for Alzheimer's disease.
2. Beta-Asarone prevents autophagy and synaptic loss by reducing ROCK expression in SAMP8 mice.
3. The co-administration of beta-Asarone and l-dopa may contribute to the treatment of 6-OHDA-induced damage in rats by inhibiting autophagy activity.
4. Beta-Asarone exhibits anti-inflammatory effects by suppressing the production of pro-inflammatory mediators through NF-κB signaling and the JNK pathways in activated microglial cells and might be developed as a promising candidate to treat various neuroinflammatory diseases.
1. Cinobufotalin induces growth inhibition and apoptosis in cultured HCC cells through ceramide production, may be investigated as a novel anti-HCC agent.
2. Cinobufotalin can reverse the adriamycin-resistance in Raji/ADR cells and the expression of P-gp and MRP-1 proteins are down-regulated through the transcriptional pathway, is an effective reversal agent for the multidrug resistance of tumors.