1. Ophiopogonin D plays a protective role as an effective antioxidant in H2O2-induced endothelial injury, it can be therefore developed as a novel drug for the therapy of cardiovascular disorders.
2. Ophiopogonin D can attenuate doxorubicin-induced autophagic cell death by relieving mitochondrial damage in vitro and in vivo.
3. Ophiopogonin D and spicatoside A can increase mucin production and secretion, by directly acting on airway epithelial cells, they could be as expectorants in diverse inflammatory pulmonary diseases.
4. Ophiopogonin D inhibits MCF-7 cell growth via the induction of cell cycle arrest at the G2/M phase.
1. Picrinine has notable antitussive, antiasthmatic, expectorant, antiinflammatory and analgesic effects; medicinal composition containing picrinine as active ingredient can be prepared into multiple dosage forms and can be used for treating cold, fever, and respiratory disease caused by fever with good therapeutic effect, convenient application and high safety; picrinine can be used as quality index for pharmic control in preparing medicine for treating cold, fever and respiratory disease caused by fever.
1. Vasicinone may act as a hepatoprotective agent.
2. (±)-Vasicinone has significant antitussive, expectorant, and bronchodilating activities, which can be used to treat respiratory disease.
3. (S)-Vasicinone exhibits antiproliferative activity against human gastric cancer cells MCG-803.
1. Deapi-platycodin and platycodinD can regulate the production and secretion of airway mucin and, at least in part, explains the traditional use of aqueous extract of APG as expectorants in diverse inflammatory pulmonary diseases.
2. Deapi-platycodin D has anti-inflammatory activity.
1. Deapi-platycodin and platycodinD, aqueous extract of the root of Platycodon grandiflorum A. de Candolle (APG), can regulate the production and secretion of airway mucin and, at least in part, explains the traditional use of aqueous extract of APG as expectorants in diverse inflammatory pulmonary diseases.