1. Scoparone shows antifungal activity.
2. Scoparone has immunosuppression and vasorelaxation effects.
3. Scoparone protects against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injury.
4. Scoparone has antianginal action.
5. Scoparone has antioxidant capabilities, it is a very efficient inhibitor of ultraviolet radiation -induced lipid peroxidation and damage.
6. Scoparone is a phytoalexin associated with resistance of citrus to Phytophthora citrophthora.
1. Tripterifordin shows anti-HIV replication activity in H9 lymphocyte cells with an EC50 of 1 microgram/ml.
1. Cannabidiol can reduce the anxiety provoked by Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-THC) in normal volunteers, and the effects of cannabidiol , as opposed to those of delta 9-THC, may be involved in the antagonism of effects between the two cannabinoids.
2. Cannabidiol has a potent anti-arthritic effect in collagen-induced arthritis through its combined immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory actions.
3. Cannabidiol has a pharmacological profile similar to that of atypical antipsychotic drugs.
4. Cannabidiol is a potent inhibitor of cancer cell growth (IC50 between 6.0 and 10.6 microM), with significantly lower potency in noncancer cells.
5. Cannabidiol exerts a combination of neuroprotective, anti-oxidative and anti-apoptotic effects against beta-amyloid peptide toxicity, and that inhibition of caspase 3 appearance from its inactive precursor, pro-caspase 3, by cannabidiol is involved in the signalling pathway for this neuroprotection.
6. Cannabidiol may have great therapeutic potential in the treatment of diabetic complications, and perhaps other cardiovascular disorders, by attenuating oxidative/ nitrative stress, inflammation, cell death and fibrosis.
1. Triptonide shows cytotoxic activities against the majority of the human tumor cell lines.
2. Triptonide is effective in the treatment of autoimmune diseases and has potent antileukemic and antitumor activities.
3. Triptonide possesses anti-inflammatory activity, upregulate the expression of IL-37, and this expression was suppressed by ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK inhibitors.
4. Triptonide can effectively induce apoptosis of Wnt-dependent cancer cells via C-terminal Transactivation Domain of β-catenin.
1. Phellodendrine can suppress local semisyngeneic GvH reactions and systemic allogeneic GvH reactions in X-ray irradiated recipient mice, it also can suppress the induction phase of sheep red blood cell (SRBC)-induced delayed type hypersensitivity in mice and tuberculin-induced delayed type hypersensitivity in guinea pigs, suggests that phellodendrine is expected to be a valuable new type of immunosuppressor against the cellular immune response.
2. Phellodendrine has anti-nephritic activity, may be due to its ability to inhibit the proliferation or the migration of macrophages and cytotoxic T lymphocytes in the glomeruli.
3. Phellodendrine shows a good antioxidant effect in vivo, it can down-regulating AKT, IKK, NF-kB phosphorylation and COX-2 expression induced by AAPH, it also ameliorates the ROS-mediated inflammatory response.
4. Phellodendrine can reduce blood pressure and has antinephritis activity.