1. Neotuberostemonine ia has antitussive activity.
1. Neferine has anti-tumor activities , Metabolic activation mediated by CYP3A4 and GSH depletion enhanced Neferine-induced cytotoxicity.
2. Neferine can be helpful to increase the efficacy of DOX and to achieve anticancer synergism by curbing the toxicity.
3. Neferine inhibited high glucose-induced endothelial apoptosis via blocking ROS/Akt/NF-κB pathway, which provides the evidence for using Neferine to treat diabetic vasculopathy.
4. Neferine induced apoptosis in a dose-dependent manner with the hypergeneration of reactive oxygen species, activation of MAPKs, lipid peroxidation, depletion of cellular antioxidant pool, loss of mitochondrial membrane potential, and intracellular calcium accumulation.
1. Peiminine is an effective inhibitor for lung inflammation and pulmonary fibrosis in a rat model of bleomycin-induced lung injury.
1. Phillyrin may has an anti-obesity effect.
2. Phillyrin is a tumor necrosis inhibitor for α-mediated insulin resistance and lipolytic acceleration in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.
3. Phillyrin is a novel AMPK activator for blocking the expression of SREBP-1c and FAS through LKB1/AMPK activation, preventing lipid accumulation in HepG2 cells.
1. Praeruptorin D can significantly inhibit the infiltration of activated polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMNs) and decrease the levels of TNF-α and IL-6 in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid at the same dose.
2. Praeruptorin D suppresses LPS induced Nuclear Factor-kappa B (NF-κB) pathway activation in the lung by decreasing the cytoplasmic loss of Inhibitor κB-α (IκB-α) protein and inhibiting the translocation of p65 from cytoplasm to nucleus.