1. 8-Gingerol has antioxidant activity.
2. 8-Gingerol has antimycobacterial activity.
3. 8-Gingerol could be used as an effective skin-whitening agent.
4. 8-Gingerol shows antipyretic and anti-inflammation characteristics.
5. 8-Gingerol seems to be effective in an animal model of rheumatoid arthritis.
6. 8-Gingerol inhibits the anti-serotonin 3 receptor function, exhibits cardiotonic activity.
7. 8-Gingerol affects gastric motility and potentially have an antispasmodic effect on the gastrointestinal system.
8. 8-gingerol inhibited melanogenesis in B16F10 and B16F1 cells by down-regulation of both mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) and protein kinase A (PKA) signaling pathways or through its antioxidant properties.
1. Sweroside possesses strong hepatoprotective effect.
2. Sweroside is a promising osteoporosis therapeutic natural product, has anti-osteoporotic effect on the human MG-63 cells and rat osteoblasts.
1. Arbutin has whitening, anti- age effects and UVB/ UVC filter by inhibiting tyrosinase and thus preventing the formation of melanin.
2. Normal skin microflora may increase the skin lightening effect of arbutin due to the antioxidant action of hydroquinone.
3. Arbutin might be useful for treating the inflammatory and deleterious effects of BV2 microglial cells activation in response to LPS stimulation.
1. 5,15-Diacetyl-3-benzoyllathyrol is a melanine production inhibitor, excellent in inhibiting pigment stagnation and improving the discoloration of the skin or freckles, has excellent stability.
1. Ginsenoside F1,an enzymatically modified derivative of ginsenoside Rg1, protection from ultraviolet-B-induced apoptosis is tightly correlated with ginsenoside-F1-mediated inhibition of ultraviolet-B-induced downregulation of Bcl-2 and Brn-3a expression.
2. Ginsenoside F1 exhibited competitive inhibition of the activity of CYP3A4 with Ki values of 57.7 ± 9.6 μM and 67.8 ± 16.2 μM, respectively.
3. Ginsenoside F1 exhibited a weaker inhibition of the activity of CYP2D6.