1. Cathinone generates oxidative stress hampered antioxidant enzymes, glutathione and lipid peroxidation.
2. Cathinone induces significant behavioral changes and CNS activation in the hamster by systemic administration .
3. Cathinone causes hormonal alterations probably via changes in hypothalamo-hypophyseo-adrenocortical and gonadal axes integrity.
1. 8-O-Acetylharpagide has anti-inflammatory activity.
2. 8-O-Acetylharpagide has antibacteria and antiviral activities.
3. 8-O-Acetylharpagide has a biological activity on isolated smooth muscle preparations from guinea pig.
1. Dimethylacrylshikonin is a promising agent for developing an improved strategy for radiotherapy against tumors.
(a) Injection of Dimethylacrylshikonin combined with IR treatment significantly suppressed tumor growth of the HCT-116 xenograft.
(b) Dimethylacrylshikonin significantly suppressed the growth of H(22) transplantable hepatoma, and induced the activation of caspase-3 .
(c) Dimethylacrylshikonin inhibited growth of gastric cancer SGC-7901 cells by inducing ERK signaling pathway.
2. Dimethylacrylshikonin inhibits the proliferation of MCF-7 cells in vitro by inducing apoptosis through the downregulation of Bcl-2, upregulation of Bax and partial inactivation of the NF-κB pathway.