1. (+)-Sophoranol exhibits antiviral activity against the Coxsackie virus B3.
2. (+)-Sophoranol shows potent anti-HBV activity with an inhibitory potency against HBsAg secretion and against HBeAg secretion.
1. (+)-Taxifolin is an inhibitor of aggregation of the 42-residue amyloid β-protein, it has preventive effects against Alzheimer's disease-like pathogenesis in vivo.
2. (+)-Taxifolin is a weak inhibitor of cytochrome b5 reduction (IC50=9.8μM).
1. 20S, 20R ginsenoside-Rh1 can inhibit the thrombin-induced conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin.
1. Protopanaxdiol has the effect of anti-tumor through increasing the activity of body immunity, inhibiting tumor interstitial microvascular density and its proliferation activity, improving the lymphocyte transformation, the activity of NK cells and the contents of IL-2 significantly.
2. Protopanaxdiol prevents and heals obesity, fatty liver and hypertriglyceridemia in mice fed with a high-fat diet.
1. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol shows strong and selective antimicrobial activity.
2. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol is the inhibitor of farnesyl-protein transferase.
3. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol exerts cardioprotective effects against myocardial ischemic injury, by enhancing the anti-free-radical actions of heart tissues.
4. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol has anti-oxidant activity, can inhibit the elevation of malondialdehyde content, the reduction of superoxide dismutase activity, glutathione peroxidase and total antioxIdant capacity.
1. 20(S)-Protopanaxadiol may inhibit the proliferation of Siha cells,and its mechanism may be related to up-regulating the expressions of p53, p21, and autophagy related gene Beclin 1and MAP1-LC3, and down-regulating the expression of cyclin-E.
2. 20 (S)-Protopanaxdiol may induce the apoptosis of PC3 cells, and its mechanism may be related to the down-regulation of Bcl-2 protein and the up-regulation of γH2Ax protein expression.
3. 20(S)-Protopanaxdiol may induce the apoptosis of Siha cells,and its mechanism may be related to the up-regulation of bax expression, and the up-regulation and activition of caspase family.
4. 20(S)-Protopanaxdiol may be a potential new P-gp inhibitor for cancer treatment.
1. (R)-(+)-Corypalmine shows strong papaverine-like activity.
1. (Z)-Butylidenephthalide has antitumor effect, can effectively inhibit the tumor growth in the glioma.
1. 1,2,3,4,6-Pentagalloylglucose and gallic acid from Pistacia lentiscus have antimutagenic and antioxidant activities.
2. 1,2,3,4,6-Penta-O-galloyl-beta-D-glucose (PGG) possesses potent anti-proliferative and anti-invasive effects, it also has inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 activity.
3. PGG may serve as a model for the development of new types of anti-diabetic and anti-metabolic syndrome therapeutics.
4. 1,2,3,4,6-Penta- O -galloyl-β- d -glucose has vasodilatory and anti-inflammatory effects, it dilates vascular smooth muscle and suppresses the vascular inflammatory process via endothelium-dependent nitric oxide (NO)/cGMP signaling.
5. 1,2,3,4,6-Penta-O-galloyl-beta-D-glucose can decrease the level of extracellular hepatitis B virus (HBV) (IC50, 1.0 microg/ml) in a dose-dependent manner, it also can reduce the HBsAg level by 25% at a concentration of 4 microg/ml; the gallate structure of PGG may play a critical role in the inhibition of anti-HBV activity, suggests that PGG could be a candidate for developing an anti-HBV agent.
6. 1,2,3,4,6-Penta-O-galloyl-β-D-glucose has anti-parasitic activity, displays an EC50 value of 67 μM, at least 6.6-fold more effective than the standard drug benznidazole against trypomastigote forms of T. cruzi.
1. 1,2,3,6-Tetragalloylglucose has antioxidative activity.
2. 1,2,3,6-Tetragalloylglucose shows the most potent anticomplement activity (IC(50), 34 microM).