1. (-)-Syringaresinol inhibits the proliferation of human promyelocytic HL-60 cells through G(1) arrest and induction of apoptosis, may be a potential chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of cancer.
(-)-Syringaresnol-4-O-beta-D-apiofuranosyl-(1->2)-beta-D-glucopyranoside is a natural lignan from Albizia julibrissin Durazz..
1. (+)-Afzelechin has a neuroprotective effect on the glutamate-induced neurotoxicity in HT22 cells, it has ABTS cation radical scavenging effects with IC50 values of 23.7 microM, suggests that it could be neuroprotectants owing to their free radical scavenging activities.
2. (+)-Afzelechin has inhibitory compound of alpha-glucosidase activity, the ID(50) (50% inhibition dose) value is 0.13 mM.
3. (+)-Afzelechin shows moderate to strong radical scavenging properties against diphenylpicrylhydrazyl radical (DPPH) and improves the reduced glutathione levels in rat pancreatic homogenate.
Camphor is a waxy, flammable, white or transparent solid with a strong aroma, often used to relieve pain, reduce itching and treat fungal infections. It can activate TRPV1 and TRPV3. Camphor is highly repellent to the beetles with overall repellency in the range of 80 - 100%.
(+)-Catechin hydrate has antioxidant activity and is effective in reducing oxidative stress. (+)-Catechin hydrate acts as mixed type inhibitor with predominant inhibition at anodic site, it has inhibiting action on the corrosion of mild steel in hydrochloric acid.
(+)-Catechin hydrate has antioxidant activity and is effective in reducing oxidative stress. (+)-Catechin inhibits cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) with an IC50 of 1.4 μM.
Corynoline is a reversible and noncompetitive inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase(AChE) with the IC50 value of 30.6 microM, which exhibits the potent anti-inflammatory and/or immunosuppressive activity, the potent inhibitory activity of corynoline for the ICAM-1/LFA-1 adhesion and would be important on developing the clinically usable drugs for the inflammatory diseases.
(+)-Gallocatechin as a bio-antimutagenic compound against UV-induced mutation in Escherichia coli. It is potent in scavenging Fremy’s salt, a synthetic free radical, it possesses antioxidant capacities that is higher or comparable to that of ascorbic acid or Trolox.
1. Lyoniresinol shows robust anti-melanogenic activity, decreases tyrosinase activity and melanin biosynthesis in B16F10 cells by activating ERK signaling, which downregulated MITF, tyrosinase, but not TRP-1 and TRP-2 protein expression.
2. Lyoniresinol has antioxidant effect.