1. (+)-Syringaresinol shows inhibitory activity of Helicobacter pylori motility, the IC50 value of 50 microg/ml.
2. (+)-Syringaresinol can upregulate silent information regulator two ortholog 1 (SIRT1) gene expression.
3. (+)-Syringaresinol exhibits cytoprotective activity in cultured MCF-7 cells stressed by H2O2.
4. (+)-Syringaresinol shows antioxidant potential .
1. (+)-Taxifolin is an inhibitor of aggregation of the 42-residue amyloid β-protein, it has preventive effects against Alzheimer's disease-like pathogenesis in vivo.
2. (+)-Taxifolin is a weak inhibitor of cytochrome b5 reduction (IC50=9.8μM).
1. 20S, 20R ginsenoside-Rh1 can inhibit the thrombin-induced conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin.
Protopanaxdiol is effective in preventing and healing obesity, fatty liver and hypertriglyceridemia in mice fed with a high-fat diet, it inhibits tumor interstitial microvascular density and its proliferation activity, finally inhibits tumor growth, it also inhibits expression of VEGF and bFGF protein. (20R)-Protopanaxdiol has protective effect on myocardial ischemia, which may be related to improving free radicals metabolism and myocardial metabolism, decreasing plasma TXA 2 levels.
1. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol shows strong and selective antimicrobial activity.
2. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol is the inhibitor of farnesyl-protein transferase.
3. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol exerts cardioprotective effects against myocardial ischemic injury, by enhancing the anti-free-radical actions of heart tissues.
4. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol has anti-oxidant activity, can inhibit the elevation of malondialdehyde content, the reduction of superoxide dismutase activity, glutathione peroxidase and total antioxIdant capacity.
20(S)-Protopanaxdiol may be a potential new P-gp inhibitor for cancer treatment, it may induce the apoptosis via the down-regulation of Bcl-2 protein and the up-regulation of γH2Ax protein expression; it may inhibit the proliferation of Siha cells via the up-regulating the expressions of p53, p21, and autophagy related gene Beclin 1and MAP1-LC3, and down-regulating the expression of cyclin-E.
1. Highest concentrations of (2R,3R)-(+)-glucodistylin, (2S,3S)-(-)-glucodistylin and 3-O-( -d-xylopyranosyl)taxifolin occur in European beeches can strongly infest with beech scale.
1. (-)-Corypalmine has inhibition activity on spore germination of plant pathogenic and saprophytic fungi.
1. (S)-10-Hydroxycamptothecin (OPT), an analog of camptothecin (CPT), was found to inhibit the growth of the mouse hepatoma BW7756, when given at 1.0 mg/kg/day for 14 days; in spite of the narrow range of the effective dose of this drug against mouse hepatoma BW7756, the use of OPT in combination with other antitumor agents may be useful in primary hepatoma or liver metastases in view of its low toxicity towards host liver.
2. (S)-10-Hydroxycamptothecin, as an inhibitor of the growth of P388 leukemia in mice, is as potent as the parent compound camptothecin (CPT).
1. (Z)-Butylidenephthalide has antitumor effect, can effectively inhibit the tumor growth in the glioma.