1. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol shows strong and selective antimicrobial activity.
2. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol is the inhibitor of farnesyl-protein transferase.
3. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol exerts cardioprotective effects against myocardial ischemic injury, by enhancing the anti-free-radical actions of heart tissues.
4. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol has anti-oxidant activity, can inhibit the elevation of malondialdehyde content, the reduction of superoxide dismutase activity, glutathione peroxidase and total antioxIdant capacity.
1. 20(S)-Protopanaxadiol may inhibit the proliferation of Siha cells,and its mechanism may be related to up-regulating the expressions of p53, p21, and autophagy related gene Beclin 1and MAP1-LC3, and down-regulating the expression of cyclin-E.
2. 20 (S)-Protopanaxdiol may induce the apoptosis of PC3 cells, and its mechanism may be related to the down-regulation of Bcl-2 protein and the up-regulation of γH2Ax protein expression.
3. 20(S)-Protopanaxdiol may induce the apoptosis of Siha cells,and its mechanism may be related to the up-regulation of bax expression, and the up-regulation and activition of caspase family.
4. 20(S)-Protopanaxdiol may be a potential new P-gp inhibitor for cancer treatment.
1. (-)-Corypalmine has inhibition activity on spore germination of plant pathogenic and saprophytic fungi.
1. (S)-10-Hydroxycamptothecin (OPT), an analog of camptothecin (CPT), was found to inhibit the growth of the mouse hepatoma BW7756, when given at 1.0 mg/kg/day for 14 days; in spite of the narrow range of the effective dose of this drug against mouse hepatoma BW7756, the use of OPT in combination with other antitumor agents may be useful in primary hepatoma or liver metastases in view of its low toxicity towards host liver.
2. (S)-10-Hydroxycamptothecin, as an inhibitor of the growth of P388 leukemia in mice, is as potent as the parent compound camptothecin (CPT).
1. (Z)-Butylidenephthalide has antitumor effect, can effectively inhibit the tumor growth in the glioma.
1. 1,2,3,4,6-Pentagalloylglucose(PGG) and gallic acid from Pistacia lentiscus have antimutagenic and antioxidant activities.
2. PGG possesses potent anti-proliferative and anti-invasive effects, it also has inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 activity.
3. PGG may serve as a model for the development of new types of anti-diabetic and anti-metabolic syndrome therapeutics.
4. PGG has vasodilatory and anti-inflammatory effects, it dilates vascular smooth muscle and suppresses the vascular inflammatory process via endothelium-dependent nitric oxide (NO)/cGMP signaling.
5. PGG can decrease the level of extracellular hepatitis B virus (HBV) (IC50, 1.0 microg/ml) in a dose-dependent manner, it also can reduce the HBsAg level by 25% at a concentration of 4 microg/ml; the gallate structure of PGG may play a critical role in the inhibition of anti-HBV activity, suggests that PGG could be a candidate for developing an anti-HBV agent.
6. PGG has anti-parasitic activity, displays an EC50 value of 67 μM, at least 6.6-fold more effective than the standard drug benznidazole against trypomastigote forms of T. cruzi.
1. 1,2,3,6-Tetragalloylglucose has antioxidative activity.
2. 1,2,3,6-Tetragalloylglucose shows the most potent anticomplement activity (IC(50), 34 microM).
1. 1,2-Benzenediol(catechol) is used as 5% aq. soln. for photometric detn. of Nb, Os, Ta, Ti, W, complexing agent of some metals (e.g. Al, Ti) (anionic complexes associated with basic dyes).
2. 1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can induce spontaneous convulsive activity in the anaesthetized mouse.
3. 1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can produce myoclonic jerks in the rat.
1. 1,2 Dihydrotanshinquinone is active against both Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense and Plasmodium falciparum.
1. 1,3-Dicaffeoylquinic acid exhibits antioxidant properties, probably through the involvement of a direct scavenging effect on several free radicals.
2. 1,3-Dicaffeoylquinic acid and 1,5-dicaffeoylquinic acid, ginkgolic acids (15 : 1) and (17 : 1), and epicatechin can significantly inhibit hOAT3 transport under similar conditions.