(+)-Praeruptorin A exerts distinct relaxant effects on isolated rat aorta rings, which may be mainly attributed to nitric oxide synthesis catalyzed by endothelial nitric oxide synthase.
(+)-Pteryxin has muscle-relaxant props, it also shows hepatoprotective and nitric oxide prodn. inhibitory activity.
1. (+)-Sophoranol exhibits antiviral activity against the Coxsackie virus B3.
2. (+)-Sophoranol shows potent anti-HBV activity with an inhibitory potency against HBsAg secretion and against HBeAg secretion.
1. (+)-Syringaresinol shows inhibitory activity of Helicobacter pylori motility, the IC50 value of 50 microg/ml.
2. (+)-Syringaresinol can upregulate silent information regulator two ortholog 1 (SIRT1) gene expression.
3. (+)-Syringaresinol exhibits cytoprotective activity in cultured MCF-7 cells stressed by H2O2.
4. (+)-Syringaresinol shows antioxidant potential .
1. (+)-Taxifolin is an inhibitor of aggregation of the 42-residue amyloid β-protein, it has preventive effects against Alzheimer's disease-like pathogenesis in vivo.
2. (+)-Taxifolin is a weak inhibitor of cytochrome b5 reduction (IC50=9.8μM).
(20R)-Ginsenoside Rh1 exhibits various pharmacological activities including vasorelaxation, antioxidation, anti-inflammation, and anticancer.
Protopanaxdiol is effective in preventing and healing obesity, fatty liver and hypertriglyceridemia in mice fed with a high-fat diet, it inhibits tumor interstitial microvascular density and its proliferation activity, finally inhibits tumor growth, it also inhibits expression of VEGF and bFGF protein. (20R)-Protopanaxdiol has protective effect on myocardial ischemia, which may be related to improving free radicals metabolism and myocardial metabolism, decreasing plasma TXA 2 levels.
(20S)-Protopanaxatriol is a metabolite of ginsenoside, works through the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and oestrogen receptor (ER), and is also a LXRα inhibitor. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol shows strong and selective antimicrobial activity, it also has anti-oxidant activity. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol exerts cardioprotective effects against myocardial ischemic injury, by enhancing the anti-free-radical actions of heart tissues.
20(S)-Protopanaxdiol may be a potential new P-gp inhibitor for cancer treatment, it may induce the apoptosis via the down-regulation of Bcl-2 protein and the up-regulation of γH2Ax protein expression; it may inhibit the proliferation of Siha cells via the up-regulating the expressions of p53, p21, and autophagy related gene Beclin 1and MAP1-LC3, and down-regulating the expression of cyclin-E.
1. Highest concentrations of (2R,3R)-(+)-glucodistylin, (2S,3S)-(-)-glucodistylin and 3-O-( -d-xylopyranosyl)taxifolin occur in European beeches can strongly infest with beech scale.