1. (S)-10-Hydroxycamptothecin (OPT), an analog of camptothecin (CPT), was found to inhibit the growth of the mouse hepatoma BW7756, when given at 1.0 mg/kg/day for 14 days; in spite of the narrow range of the effective dose of this drug against mouse hepatoma BW7756, the use of OPT in combination with other antitumor agents may be useful in primary hepatoma or liver metastases in view of its low toxicity towards host liver.
2. (S)-10-Hydroxycamptothecin, as an inhibitor of the growth of P388 leukemia in mice, is as potent as the parent compound camptothecin (CPT).
1. (Z)-Butylidenephthalide has antitumor effect, can effectively inhibit the tumor growth in the glioma.
1,2,3,4,6-O-Pentagalloylglucose(PGG) has antimutagenic, anti-proliferative, anti-invasive,vasodilatory, anti-inflammatory, anti-parasitic, anti-HBV, and antioxidant activities. PGG may serve as a model for the development of new types of anti-diabetic and anti-metabolic syndrome therapeutics. PGG dilates vascular smooth muscle and suppresses the vascular inflammatory process via endothelium-dependent nitric oxide (NO)/cGMP signaling; it also has inhibition of inducible NO synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 activity.
1. 1,2,3,6-Tetragalloylglucose has antioxidative activity.
2. 1,2,3,6-Tetragalloylglucose shows the most potent anticomplement activity (IC(50), 34 microM).
1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can induce spontaneous convulsive activity in the anaesthetized mouse and produce myoclonic jerks in the rat. It regulated 5-Hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) levels.
1. 1,2 Dihydrotanshinquinone is active against both Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense and Plasmodium falciparum.
1. 1,3,6-Tri-O-galloylglucose shows anti-inflammatory activity.
1. 1,3-Dicaffeoylquinic acid exhibits antioxidant properties, probably through the involvement of a direct scavenging effect on several free radicals.
2. 1,3-Dicaffeoylquinic acid and 1,5-dicaffeoylquinic acid, ginkgolic acids (15 : 1) and (17 : 1), and epicatechin can significantly inhibit hOAT3 transport under similar conditions.
1. 1,4-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has antioxidant activity.
2. 1,4-Dicaffeoylquinic acid is a potent and highly selective class of HIV-1 integrase inhibitors, inhibitsHIV-1 replication in MT-2 cell culture at non-toxic concentrations.
1. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has neuroprotective effects, it can prevent Aβ(42)-induced neurotoxicity through the activation of PI3K/Akt followed by the stimulation of Trk A, then the inhibition of GSK3β as well as the modulation of Bcl-2/Bax.
2. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has antioxidant activity, and is stronger than that of ascorbic acid.
3. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has protective effects against MPP~+ induces neurotoxicity of PC12 Cells, it (50 umol/L) pretreatment can inhibit the MPP+-induced up-regulation of the expression of α-synuclein mRNA and protein.
4. 1, 5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid can mediate glutathione synthesis through activation of Nrf2 protects against OGD/reperfusion-induced oxidative stress in astrocytes.