1. 10-Hydroxycamptothecin is an indole alkaloid isolated from a Chinese tree, Camptotheca acuminata, and has a wide spectrum of anticancer activity in vitro and in vivo mainly through inhibitory effects on topoisomerase I.
2. 10-Hydroxycamptothecine can prevent fibroblast proliferation and epidural scar adhesion after laminectomy in rats.
3. 10-Hydroxycamptothecin has antiangiogenic potential.
1. 10-Shogaol, as an antioxidant for human skin cell growth and a migration enhancer with potential to be a novel wound repair agent.
2. 8- and 10-Shogaol have similar metabolic profiles to -shogaol and exhibit similar toxicity toward human colon cancer cells.
1. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid possesses significant anti-inflammatory activity.
2. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid exerts multi-focal action in cancer cells while it required 10-fold higher the concentration to produce cytotoxicity in normal human PBMC and gingival cell line, and therefore, may find usefulness in the management of human leukemia.
3. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid , a novel Nrf2 activator, it can increase the Nrf2 and HO-1 expression, which provides protection against oxygen and glucose deprivation (OGD)-induced oxidative insult.
4. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid reveals anti-tumoral activity against both ascitic and solid murine tumor models, it induces apoptosis in HL-60 cells due to the inhibition of topoisomerases I and II.
5. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid derived amides and monodesmosidic saponins induce apoptosis in breast and cervical cancers cells.
6. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid is a selective 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) inhibitor, it exerts dose dependent cardioprotective effect manifested by dose-dependent reduction in serum lactate dehydrogenase.
1. 11-O-Galloylbergenin shows significant analgesic activity at doses of 20 and 40 mg/kg against formalin test in rats, and it exhibits significant anti-inflammatory activity in carrageenan-induced paw edema model at doses of 10, 20 and 30 mg/kg.
2. 11-O-Galloylbergenin shows good antioxidant and antiplasmodial activities, the EC50 values are 7.45±0.2 ug/mL and 5.39±0.28 ug/mL in DPPH antioxidant assay and reducing power assay respectively, while IC50 value for antiplasmodial assay is less than 2.5 uM.
3. 11-O-Galloylbergenin shows significant urease inhibitory potential with IC50 value of 38.6±1.5 uM.
1. 14-Deoxyandrographolide desensitizes hepatocytes to TNF-alpha-mediated apoptosis through the release of TNFRSF1A.
2. 14-Deoxyandrographolide has hepatoprotective activity, mediates activation of adenylate cyclase-cAMP signaling leading to up-regulation of cNOS, may provide a promising approach in the prevention of liver diseases during chronic alcoholism.
1. Combination of 1-acetyl-beta-carboline with ampicillin exhibits synergistic antibacterial activity against MRSA.
1. 1beta-Hydroxyalantolactone has protective effect against AD-like skin inflammation, can as a potential therapeutic agent for AD.
1. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid has anti-influenza activity.
2. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid is an important intermediate in lignin biosynthesis.
3. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid is an antioxidant, also slows the release of glucose into the bloodstream after a meal.