1. 1,2-Benzenediol(catechol) is used as 5% aq. soln. for photometric detn. of Nb, Os, Ta, Ti, W, complexing agent of some metals (e.g. Al, Ti) (anionic complexes associated with basic dyes).
2. 1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can induce spontaneous convulsive activity in the anaesthetized mouse.
3. 1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can produce myoclonic jerks in the rat.
1. 1,2 Dihydrotanshinquinone is active against both Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense and Plasmodium falciparum.
1. 1,3-Dicaffeoylquinic acid exhibits antioxidant properties, probably through the involvement of a direct scavenging effect on several free radicals.
2. 1,3-Dicaffeoylquinic acid and 1,5-dicaffeoylquinic acid, ginkgolic acids (15 : 1) and (17 : 1), and epicatechin can significantly inhibit hOAT3 transport under similar conditions.
1. 1,4-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has antioxidant activity.
2. 1,4-Dicaffeoylquinic acid is a potent and highly selective class of HIV-1 integrase inhibitors, inhibitsHIV-1 replication in MT-2 cell culture at non-toxic concentrations.
1. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has neuroprotective effects, it can prevent Aβ(42)-induced neurotoxicity through the activation of PI3K/Akt followed by the stimulation of Trk A, then the inhibition of GSK3β as well as the modulation of Bcl-2/Bax.
2. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has antioxidant activity, and is stronger than that of ascorbic acid.
3. 1,5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid has protective effects against MPP~+ induces neurotoxicity of PC12 Cells, it (50 umol/L) pretreatment can inhibit the MPP+-induced up-regulation of the expression of α-synuclein mRNA and protein.
4. 1, 5-Dicaffeoylquinic acid can mediate glutathione synthesis through activation of Nrf2 protects against OGD/reperfusion-induced oxidative stress in astrocytes.
1. 10-Gingerol has anti-neuroinflammatory capacity.
2. 10-Gingerol effectively inhibits the growth of the oral pathogens, and inhibits exogenous ghrelin deacylation.
3. 10-Gingerol induces [Ca2+]i rise by causing Ca2+ release from the endoplasmic reticulum and Ca2+ influx from non-L-type Ca2+ channels in SW480 cancer cells.
4. 10-Gingerol-induced apoptosis was accompanied by phosphorylation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPKs) family, c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK), p38 MAPK (p38), and extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK).
1. 10-Hydroxycamptothecin is an indole alkaloid isolated from a Chinese tree, Camptotheca acuminata, and has a wide spectrum of anticancer activity in vitro and in vivo mainly through inhibitory effects on topoisomerase I.
2. 10-Hydroxycamptothecine can prevent fibroblast proliferation and epidural scar adhesion after laminectomy in rats.
3. 10-Hydroxycamptothecin has antiangiogenic potential.
1. 10-Shogaol, as an antioxidant for human skin cell growth and a migration enhancer with potential to be a novel wound repair agent.
2. 8- and 10-Shogaol have similar metabolic profiles to -shogaol and exhibit similar toxicity toward human colon cancer cells.
1. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid possesses significant anti-inflammatory activity.
2. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid exerts multi-focal action in cancer cells while it required 10-fold higher the concentration to produce cytotoxicity in normal human PBMC and gingival cell line, and therefore, may find usefulness in the management of human leukemia.
3. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid , a novel Nrf2 activator, it can increase the Nrf2 and HO-1 expression, which provides protection against oxygen and glucose deprivation (OGD)-induced oxidative insult.
4. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid reveals anti-tumoral activity against both ascitic and solid murine tumor models, it induces apoptosis in HL-60 cells due to the inhibition of topoisomerases I and II.
5. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid derived amides and monodesmosidic saponins induce apoptosis in breast and cervical cancers cells.
6. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid is a selective 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) inhibitor, it exerts dose dependent cardioprotective effect manifested by dose-dependent reduction in serum lactate dehydrogenase.