1. 10-Shogaol, as an antioxidant for human skin cell growth and a migration enhancer with potential to be a novel wound repair agent.
2. 8- and 10-Shogaol have similar metabolic profiles to -shogaol and exhibit similar toxicity toward human colon cancer cells.
1. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid (KBA), one of the active constituents in the gum resin of Boswellia serrata, possesses significant anti-inflammatory activity.
2. 11-Keto-beta-boswellic acid exerts multi-focal action in cancer cells while it required 10-fold higher the concentration to produce cytotoxicity in normal human PBMC and gingival cell line, and therefore, may find usefulness in the management of human leukemia.
1. 11-O-Galloylbergenin shows significant analgesic activity at doses of 20 and 40 mg/kg against formalin test in rats, and it exhibits significant anti-inflammatory activity in carrageenan-induced paw edema model at doses of 10, 20 and 30 mg/kg.
2. 11-O-Galloylbergenin shows good antioxidant and antiplasmodial activities, the EC50 values are 7.45±0.2 ug/mL and 5.39±0.28 ug/mL in DPPH antioxidant assay and reducing power assay respectively, while IC50 value for antiplasmodial assay is less than 2.5 uM.
3. 11-O-Galloylbergenin shows significant urease inhibitory potential with IC50 value of 38.6±1.5 uM.
1. Combination of 1-acetyl-beta-carboline with ampicillin exhibits synergistic antibacterial activity against MRSA.
1. 1beta-Hydroxyalantolactone has protective effect against AD-like skin inflammation, can as a potential therapeutic agent for AD.
1. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid has anti-influenza activity.
2. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid is an important intermediate in lignin biosynthesis.
3. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid is an antioxidant, also slows the release of glucose into the bloodstream after a meal.
1. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione is 5-HT1A receptor partial agonists.
2. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities.
3. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione significantly suppresses the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) proteins in a concentration-dependent fashion.
1. 1-Deoxynojirimycin (DNJ), a potent glucosidase inhibitor, is beneficial for the suppression of abnormally high blood glucose levels and thereby prevention of diabetes mellitus, suggests that the newly developed DNJ-enriched powder can be used as a dietary supplement for preventing diabetes mellitus.
2. 1-Deoxynojirimycin impairs oligosaccharide processing of alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor and inhibits its secretion in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes.
3. 1-Deoxynojirimycin as a therapeutic agent by controlling the overgrowth and biofilm formation of S. mutans.
4. 1-Deoxynojirimycin can block human immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoprotein- mediated membrane fusion at the CXCR4 binding step.
1. 2-(3,4-Dihydroxyphenyl)ethanol is a potent specific inhibitor of lipoxygenase activities, it inhibits platelet 12-LO activity (IC50, 4.2 microM) and PMNL 5-LO activity (IC50, 13 microM) but not cyclooxygenase activity in cell-free conditions; it also inhibits 12-LO activity in intact platelets (IC50, 50 microM) and reduces leukotriene B4 production in intact PMNL stimulated by A23187 (IC50, 26 microM).
2. Hydroxytyrosol (2-(3,4dihydroxyphenyl)ethanol has antioxidant properties.