1. 24-Methylenecycloartan-3-o l has inhibitory effects on HIV-1 protease.
1. 25S-Inokosterone and 25R-inokosterone exhibit potent inhibition (80-95% at ) against TNF-expression levels in A23187 plus phorbol-myrisrate acetate-induced RBL-2H3 cells, they have excellent anti-atopy activity, thus they could be used to a large range of functional anti-atopy cosmetics.
1. The recombinant protein exhibits high FNS I activity catalyzing the conversion of naringenin to apigenin and 2-Hydroxynaringenin.
1. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the TNF-α- and LPS-stimulated production of inflammatory mediators in keratinocytes by suppressing the Toll-like receptor 4 expression-mediated activation of the Akt, ERK and NF-ĸB pathways, it may exert an inhibitory effect against the pro-inflammatory mediator-induced skin disease.
2. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the proteasome inhibitor-induced programmed cell death in PC12 cells by suppressing the activation of the mitochondrial pathway and the caspase-8- and Bid-dependent pathways, the effect be attributed to its inhibitory effect on the formation of reactive oxygen species and depletion of GSH.
1. 3,4-dihydroxybenzaldehyde can scavenge DPPH radical, hydroxyl radical and intracellular ROS.
2. 3,4-dihydroxybenzaldehyde chelated Fe2+.
3. 3,4-dihydroxybenzaldehyde attenuated H2O2-induced cell death and apoptosis.
4. 3,4-dihydroxybenzaldehyde inhibits oxidative DNA damage and its treatment decreased the expression level of phospho-H2A.X.
5. Electrocatalysis of NADH Oxidation with Electropolymerized Films of 3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde.
1. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid exhibits scavenging actions against the 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical, the superoxide anion, and the hydroxyl radical.
2. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid isolates from a green alga protects human keratinocytes against UVB-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis.
3. The 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid treatment resulted in 33.3, 65.0, 76.7 and 85.0% hatch inhibition at 0.125, 0.25, 0.5 and 1.0 mg/ml, respectively, 3 days after incubation.
1. 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose has neuroprotective effect and antidepressive activity in rats, at least in part, by increasing expression of cyclic AMP response element (CRE)-binding protein (CREB) and its downstream target protein, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
2. Treatment with 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose (0.6, 6, and 60 μmol/L) increases cell viability dose dependently, inhibits LDH release, and attenuated apoptosis. The mechanisms by which 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose protect neuron cells from glutamate-induced excitotoxicity include the downregulation of proapoptotic gene Bax and the upregulation of antiapoptotic gene Bcl-2.
1. (Z)-3-butylidenephthalide has antihyperglycemic effect is due to inhibition of α-glucosidase at the intestinal level, inhibited the activity of yeast-α-glucosidase (IC(50) 2.35 mM) in a noncompetitive fashion with a K(i) of 4.86 mM.
1. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone is an effective HO-1 inducer at the translational level.
2. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-inflammatory effects, is a valuable compound for modulating inflammatory conditions.
3. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-influenza virus activity, the mechanism involved anti-apoptosis and anti-inflammation activities in vitro.
4. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has inhibitory activity on MMP-9 expression and production in TNF-α-treated cells, is mediated by the suppression of AP-1 and NF-κB activation.