1. 14-Deoxy-11,12-didehydroandrographolide (DDA) has hypotensive action, it causes negative chronotropic action and antagonised isoproterenol-induced positive chronotropic actions in a non-competitive and dose-dependent manner.
2. DDA can retain the anti-inflammatory activities of andrographolide for asthma probably through the inhibition of NF-κB, it may be considered as a safer analogue of andrographolide for the potential treatment of asthma.
3. DDA can effectively ameliorate astrocytic pro-inflammatory reactions and prevent PC12 cell death with different efficacies, it may be candidates for treatment of spinal-cord injury and neurodegeneration.
4. DDA shows more potent cytotoxicity against human promonocytic leukemia (THP-1) cells than adherent cancer cell lines, it also shows antiproliferative action on both THP-1 and Jurkat cancer cell lines with low IC50 values.
1. 14-Deoxyandrographolide desensitizes hepatocytes to TNF-alpha-mediated apoptosis through the release of TNFRSF1A.
2. 14-Deoxyandrographolide has hepatoprotective activity, mediates activation of adenylate cyclase-cAMP signaling leading to up-regulation of cNOS, may provide a promising approach in the prevention of liver diseases during chronic alcoholism.
1. Combination of 1-acetyl-beta-carboline with ampicillin exhibits synergistic antibacterial activity against MRSA.
1. 1beta-Hydroxyalantolactone has protective effect against AD-like skin inflammation, can as a potential therapeutic agent for AD.
1. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid has anti-influenza activity.
2. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid is an important intermediate in lignin biosynthesis.
3. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid is an antioxidant, also slows the release of glucose into the bloodstream after a meal.
1. 1-Dehydro-10-gingerdione has anti-inflammatory action, the molecular target is Myeloid differentiation protein.
2. 1-Dehydro-10-gingerdione involves in the suppression of NF-κB-regulated gene expression in LPS-activated macrophages, has therapeutic potential in NF-κB-associated inflammation and autoimmune disorders.
1. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione is 5-HT1A receptor partial agonists.
2. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities.
3. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione significantly suppresses the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) proteins in a concentration-dependent fashion.
1. 1-Deoxynojirimycin (DNJ), a potent glucosidase inhibitor, is beneficial for the suppression of abnormally high blood glucose levels and thereby prevention of diabetes mellitus, suggests that the newly developed DNJ-enriched powder can be used as a dietary supplement for preventing diabetes mellitus.
2. 1-Deoxynojirimycin impairs oligosaccharide processing of alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor and inhibits its secretion in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes.
3. 1-Deoxynojirimycin as a therapeutic agent by controlling the overgrowth and biofilm formation of S. mutans.
4. 1-Deoxynojirimycin can block human immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoprotein- mediated membrane fusion at the CXCR4 binding step.
1. 2-(3,4-Dihydroxyphenyl)ethanol is a potent specific inhibitor of lipoxygenase activities, it inhibits platelet 12-LO activity (IC50, 4.2 microM) and PMNL 5-LO activity (IC50, 13 microM) but not cyclooxygenase activity in cell-free conditions; it also inhibits 12-LO activity in intact platelets (IC50, 50 microM) and reduces leukotriene B4 production in intact PMNL stimulated by A23187 (IC50, 26 microM).
2. Hydroxytyrosol (2-(3,4dihydroxyphenyl)ethanol has antioxidant properties.