1. Combination of 1-acetyl-beta-carboline with ampicillin exhibits synergistic antibacterial activity against MRSA.
1. 1beta-Hydroxyalantolactone has protective effect against AD-like skin inflammation, can as a potential therapeutic agent for AD.
1-Caffeoylquinic acid is an important intermediate in lignin biosynthesis. 1-Caffeoylquinic acid has anti-influenza, and antioxidant activities, it also slows the release of glucose into the bloodstream after a meal.
1. 1-Dehydro-10-gingerdione has anti-inflammatory action, the molecular target is Myeloid differentiation protein.
2. 1-Dehydro-10-gingerdione involves in the suppression of NF-κB-regulated gene expression in LPS-activated macrophages, has therapeutic potential in NF-κB-associated inflammation and autoimmune disorders.
1. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione is 5-HT1A receptor partial agonists.
2. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities.
3. 1-Dehydro-6-gingerdione significantly suppresses the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) proteins in a concentration-dependent fashion.
1-Deoxynojirimycin is a potent α-glucosidase inhibitor, suppresses postprandial blood glucose, thereby possibly preventing diabetes mellitus. 1-Deoxynojirimycin as a therapeutic agent by controlling the overgrowth and biofilm formation of S. mutans, it also can block human immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoprotein- mediated membrane fusion at the CXCR4 binding step.
1. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone has anticancer activity, it combined with gemcitabine elicits a potent apoptosis of lung cancer cell and hence it has the potential to be developed as a chemotherapeutic agent.
2. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone may serve as a novel therapeutic intervention for various cardiovascular diseases, including chronic ischemia, by regulating VEGF signaling and modulating angiogenesis.
3. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone suppresses angiogenesis and lung cancer cell growth possibly via regulating the VEGFR-Src-FAK signaling.
4. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone exhibits anti-melanogenic activity by suppression of tyrosinase expression via ERK and Akt signaling, it may act as potent natural skin-lightening agents.
5. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone is a potent inhibitor of LPS-stimulated VSMC inflammatory responses through blockade of NF-kappaB activity and inhibition of inflammatory gene COX-2 expression.
2-(3,4-Dihydroxyphenyl)ethanol has antioxidant properties; it is a potent specific inhibitor of lipoxygenase activities, it inhibits platelet 12-LO activity (IC50, 4.2 microM) and PMNL 5-LO activity (IC50, 13 microM) but not cyclooxygenase activity in cell-free conditions; it also inhibits 12-LO activity in intact platelets (IC50, 50 microM) and reduces leukotriene B4 production in intact PMNL stimulated by A23187 (IC50, 26 microM).