1. 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose has neuroprotective effect and antidepressive activity in rats, at least in part, by increasing expression of cyclic AMP response element (CRE)-binding protein (CREB) and its downstream target protein, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
2. Treatment with 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose (0.6, 6, and 60 μmol/L) increases cell viability dose dependently, inhibits LDH release, and attenuated apoptosis. The mechanisms by which 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose protect neuron cells from glutamate-induced excitotoxicity include the downregulation of proapoptotic gene Bax and the upregulation of antiapoptotic gene Bcl-2.
1. 3α-Akebonoic acid shows interesting in vitro growth inhibitory activity against human tumor A549 and HeLa cell lines, it also shows significant in vitro α-glucosidase inhibitory activity.
2. 3α-Akebonoic acid can interfer with presenilin-1 (PS1)/ β-site APP-cleaving enzyme 1 (BACE1) interaction and reduces Aβ production, the chemical interference of PS1/BACE1 interaction is a promising strategy for Alzheimer’s disease therapeutics.
1. (Z)-3-butylidenephthalide has antihyperglycemic effect is due to inhibition of α-glucosidase at the intestinal level, inhibited the activity of yeast-α-glucosidase (IC(50) 2.35 mM) in a noncompetitive fashion with a K(i) of 4.86 mM.
2. Z-3-Butylidenephthalide can induce a dose-dependent antinociceptive action in the hot-plate assay, it is also effective for controlling the pain provoked by chemical irritation at the doses of 10 and 31.6 mg/kg.
1. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone is an effective HO-1 inducer at the translational level.
2. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-inflammatory effects, is a valuable compound for modulating inflammatory conditions.
3. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-influenza virus activity, the mechanism involved anti-apoptosis and anti-inflammation activities in vitro.
4. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has inhibitory activity on MMP-9 expression and production in TNF-α-treated cells, is mediated by the suppression of AP-1 and NF-κB activation.
1. 3-Epicorosolic acid has a potent inhibitory effect on Epstein-Barr virus early antigen (EBV-EA) induction.
2. 3-Epicorosolic acid shows both potent α-glucosidase and protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) inhibitory activities with IC50 values of 30.18 and 4.08 μg/ml respectively.
3. 3-Epicorosolic acid shows mixed type inhibition against PTP1B, while it shows uncompetitive inhibition against α-glucosidase; suggests that it has potential antidiabetic activity.
4. 3-Epicorosolic acid possesses the ability to inhibit the expression of one or more inflammatory genes induced by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13 acetate in mouse skin, it has potential anti-inflammatory activities as well as cancer chemopreventive activity.
1. 3-Epidehydrotumulosic acid has inhibitory activity against AAPH-induced lysis of red blood cells.
1. 3-Epioleanolic acid and oleanonic acid possess varying degrees of agonist activity on uterine smooth muscle with minor changes in the molecular structure affecting its intrinsic activity on uterine muscle.
1. L-theanine- and theogallin(3-Galloylquinic acid )-enriched decaffeinated green tea extract are able to change the physiological pattern of electrical hippocampus activity in a concentration dependent manner (EC50=3mg/L), they can improve cognition at concomitant mental relaxation in man.
2. Theogallin, its derivatives, its metabolite quinic acid, the derivatives thereof, its metabolites or the pharmaceutically acceptable salts of said substances can be used for producing a drug for use in the prophylaxis or treatment of neurological and psychiatric diseases of the central nervous system, especially of dementia such as Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease, of depressions and concentration disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
3. Theogallin has scavenging radical activity.
1. 3'-Methoxydaidzein and geraldol have antiplatelet aggregation activity and appear to be specific against collagen‐induce platelet aggregation with a IC50 values of12.3 and 61.5 uM, respectively.
2. 3'-Methoxydaidzein has antioxidant activity.
1. Dl-3-n-Butylphthalide has antihypertensive effects, may slow the progression of hypertensive nephropathy by a variety of mechanisms.
2. 3-n-Butylphthalide is effective for improving cognitive and global functioning in patients with subcortical VCIND and exhibits good safety, this effect might be mediated by preventing the decline of the central cholinergic system.