1. 2-endo-Hydroxy-1,8-cineole shows antimicrobial and bactericidal activities against against test bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Pseudomonas fluorescens) .
1. 2-Hydroxy-1-methoxy- anthraquinone can promote osteoblast proliferation, and can inhibit osteoclast TRAP activity and bone resorption, suggests that it has antiosteoporotic activity.
1. 2-Hydroxy-3-methylanthraquinone enhances apoptosis of U937 cells,in part,through activation of p-p38MAPK and downregulation of p-ERK1/2; triggers caspase-3 activation mediated apoptotic induction.
2. 2-Hydroxy-3-methylanthraquinone enhances apoptosis of THP-1 cells, in part, through activation of Fas/FasL, DR4 and TRAIL; triggers caspase-8 activation mediated apoptotic induction.
1. 2-Hydroxycinnamic acid has photooxidant activity.
2. Trans-2-hydroxycinnamicacid (T2HCA) is a hydroxyl derivative of cinnamic acid, trans-2-hydroxycinnamic acid has efficacy against trichlorfon-induced oxidative stress in wistar rats.
3. 2-Hydroxycinnamic acid germanium has strong inhibitory effect on the tumor U14.
1. 2'-Hydroxygenistein is an isoflavonoid phytoalexin.
2. 2'-Hydroxygenistein suppress chemical mediators in inflammatory cells, may have value in treatment and prevention of central and peripheral inflammatory diseases associated with excess production of chemical mediators.
3. 2'-Hydroxygenistein shows significant concentration-dependent inhibitory effects on the release of beta-glucuronidase and lysozyme from rat neutrophils in response to formyl-Met-Leu-Phe/cytochalasin B (fMLP/CB) with IC(50) values of 2.8+/-0.1 and 5.9+/-1.4 microM, respectively.
1. 2'-Hydroxygenistein has antifungal activity, dimerization of it causes a remarkable increase of antifungal activity.
2. 2'-Hydroxygenistein exhibits greater antiproliferative effects in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells than does genistein, suggest that 2'-hydroxylation of genistein can enhance its antioxidant activity and cell cytotoxicity in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells.
3. 2'-Hydroxygenistein shows significant concentration-dependent inhibitory effects on the release of beta-glucuronidase and lysozyme from rat neutrophils in response to formyl-Met-Leu-Phe/cytochalasin B.
1. The recombinant protein exhibits high FNS I activity catalyzing the conversion of naringenin to apigenin and 2-Hydroxynaringenin.
1. 3,3',4',5,6,7,8-Heptamethoxyflavone(HMF) has anti-inflammatory property.
2. HMF has a neuroprotective effect after brain ischemia by inducing BDNF production and anti-inflammatory effects.
3. HMF has an immunomodulatory function via reduced interleukin-4 expression.
4. HMF is a chemopreventive agent against nitric oxide (NO) carcinogenesis.
5. HMF has anti-aging and photoprotective effects on the skin, it inhibits collagenase activity and induces type I procollagen synthesis in HDFn cells.
6. HMF has anti-allergic activity, it shows inhibitory activity on RBL-2H3 cells degranulation.
1. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the TNF-α- and LPS-stimulated production of inflammatory mediators in keratinocytes by suppressing the Toll-like receptor 4 expression-mediated activation of the Akt, ERK and NF-ĸB pathways, it may exert an inhibitory effect against the pro-inflammatory mediator-induced skin disease.
2. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the proteasome inhibitor-induced programmed cell death in PC12 cells by suppressing the activation of the mitochondrial pathway and the caspase-8- and Bid-dependent pathways, the effect be attributed to its inhibitory effect on the formation of reactive oxygen species and depletion of GSH.