1. Yohimbine is an alkaloid with stimulant and aphrodisiac effects, helping with erections, particularly in those whose erectile dysfunction is due to psychological causes.
2. Yohimbine hydrochloride is an antagonist to xylazine hydrochloride-ketamine hydrochloride immobilization of white-tailed deer.
3. Yohimbine hydrochloride can block alpha 2-adrenergic and dopamine receptors and stimulate serotonergic receptors, it may possible be an antagonist for fescue toxicosis.
4. Yohimbine hydrochloride, a noradrenaline agonist, can facilitate fear extinction, it is thought that the mechanism of enhanced emotional memory is stimulated through elevated noradrenaline levels.
1. Hordenine is an active compound from germinated barley, has a positive inotropic effect upon the heart, increases systolic and diastolic blood pressure, peripheral blood flow volume, inhibits gut movements but has no effect upon the psychomotorical behaviour of mice.
2. Hordenine acts as an inhibitor of noradrenaline uptake, dietary-hordenine is unlikely to be deaminated by intestinal monoamine oxidase (MAO) as this is predominantly MAO-A, consequently, it is likely to be absorbed and could affect the sympathetic nervous system, by virtue of its action as an inhibitor of noradrenaline uptake.
3. Hordenine can inhibit melanogenesis by suppressing cAMP production, which is involved in the expression of melanogenesis-related proteins and suggest that hordenine may be an effective inhibitor of hyperpigmentation.
1. Silodosin, a selective α-1a receptor antagonist, can increase passage of distal ureteral stones.
2. Silodosin can temporarily improve lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), but do not improve the bladder outlet obstruction index (BOOI) after implantation in the prostate, it is a useful option for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia .
3. Silodosin appears to suppress ejaculation in a relatively higher percent of trial participants, this suppression of ejaculation by silodosin suggested its potential for treating premature ejaculation.
1. 14-Deoxy-11,12-didehydroandrographolide (DDA) has hypotensive action, it causes negative chronotropic action and antagonised isoproterenol-induced positive chronotropic actions in a non-competitive and dose-dependent manner.
2. DDA can retain the anti-inflammatory activities of andrographolide for asthma probably through the inhibition of NF-κB, it may be considered as a safer analogue of andrographolide for the potential treatment of asthma.
3. DDA can effectively ameliorate astrocytic pro-inflammatory reactions and prevent PC12 cell death with different efficacies, it may be candidates for treatment of spinal-cord injury and neurodegeneration.
4. DDA shows more potent cytotoxicity against human promonocytic leukemia (THP-1) cells than adherent cancer cell lines, it also shows antiproliferative action on both THP-1 and Jurkat cancer cell lines with low IC50 values.
1.3-Epi-alpha-yohimbine(Isorauhimbine) has alpha adrenoceptor blocking activities, has cardiovascular effects.