Yohimbine hydrochloride is an alpha 2-adrenoreceptor antagonist, blocking the pre- and postsynaptic alpha-2 adrenoreceptors and causing an increased release of noradrenaline and dopamine.It is an antagonist to xylazine hydrochloride-ketamine hydrochloride immobilization of white-tailed deer. Yohimbine has been used as a mydriatic and in the treatment of impotence. It is also alleged to be an aphrodisiac.
Hordenine is an inhibitor of noradrenaline uptake, is also an effective inhibitor of hyperpigmentation. It can inhibit melanogenesis by suppressing cAMP production, which is involved in the expression of melanogenesis-related proteins. Hordenine also has a positive inotropic effect upon the heart, increases systolic and diastolic blood pressure, peripheral blood flow volume, inhibits gut movements.
1. Silodosin, a selective α-1a receptor antagonist, can increase passage of distal ureteral stones.
2. Silodosin can temporarily improve lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), but do not improve the bladder outlet obstruction index (BOOI) after implantation in the prostate, it is a useful option for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia .
3. Silodosin appears to suppress ejaculation in a relatively higher percent of trial participants, this suppression of ejaculation by silodosin suggested its potential for treating premature ejaculation.
1. 14-Deoxy-11,12-didehydroandrographolide (DDA) has hypotensive action, it causes negative chronotropic action and antagonised isoproterenol-induced positive chronotropic actions in a non-competitive and dose-dependent manner.
2. DDA can retain the anti-inflammatory activities of andrographolide for asthma probably through the inhibition of NF-κB, it may be considered as a safer analogue of andrographolide for the potential treatment of asthma.
3. DDA can effectively ameliorate astrocytic pro-inflammatory reactions and prevent PC12 cell death with different efficacies, it may be candidates for treatment of spinal-cord injury and neurodegeneration.
4. DDA shows more potent cytotoxicity against human promonocytic leukemia (THP-1) cells than adherent cancer cell lines, it also shows antiproliferative action on both THP-1 and Jurkat cancer cell lines with low IC50 values.
1.3-Epi-alpha-yohimbine(Isorauhimbine) has alpha adrenoceptor blocking activities, has cardiovascular effects.