1. (−)-Asarinin and (-)-epiasarinin are non-competitive inhibitors against the Δ5-desaturase in rat liver microsomes, the Kis for rat liver Δ5-desaturase being 2.8×10−4 and 7.1×10−4 M, respectively.
2. Asarinin is a mammalian lignan precursor.
3. Asarinin has immunosuppression activity in vitro.
4. Asarinin can decrease peripheral blood concentration of interleukin (IL)-12 and inhibit the expression of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 3 (CXCR3), which means asarinin may have a role on TLR4 pathway and produced prolongation of allograft heart survival.
1. Bilobalide can protect PC12 cells from A beta 25-35-induced cytotoxicity, it dose-dependently attenuates the cytotoxic effect of A beta 25-35.
2. Bilobalide exerts protective and trophic effects on neurons, the PI3K/Akt pathway may be involved in the protective effects of bilobalide.
3. Bilobalide possesses anticonvulsant activity, the anticonvulsant effect is due to elevation of GABA levels, possibly through potentiation of glutamic acid decarboxylase activity and enhancement of the protein amount of 67 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase by bilobalide.
4. PAF(platelet-activating factor) and its receptor may be involved in the cellular response of cardiomyocytes to hypoxia and that bilobalide may interact with this receptor to exert its cardioprotective effects.
5. Bilobalide and its derivatives( contain trilactone structure) have insecticidal activity.
1. (-)-Epiafzelechin exhibits a dose-dependent inhibition on the COX activity with an IC50 value of 15 microM, it exhibits about 3-fold weaker inhibitory potency on the enzyme activity than indomethacin as a positive control.
2. (-)-Epiafzelechin exhibits significant anti-inflammatory activity on carrageenin-induced mouse paw edema when the compound (100 mg/kg) was orally administrated at 1 h before carrageenin treatment.
3. (-)-Epicatechin shows zero and/or the lowest activities against pancreatic lipase (IC50 > 20 microM).
4. Epiafzelechin has antioxidant properties.
1. (-)-Epicatechin gallate can effectively stimulates osteoblast differentiation, indicated by the increased expression of osteoblastic marker genes.
2. (-)-Epicatechin gallate has antioxidative effect against lipid peroxidation when phospholipid bilayers are exposed to aqueous oxygen radicals.
1. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a green tea polyphenol that reduce Aβ aggregation, inhibits the aggregation of tau K18ΔK280 into toxic oligomers at ten- to hundred-fold substoichiometric concentrations, thereby rescuing toxicity in neuronal model cells.
2. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate treatment enduring to cardio protection at mitochondrial level.
3. The effect of (-)-epigallocatechin gallate was independent of an intact leptin receptor;growth inhibition and regression of human prostate and breast tumors in athymic mice treated with EGCG as well as play a role in the mechanism by which EGCG inhibits cancer initiation and promotion in various animal models of cancer.
4. Topical applications of (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) can inhibit carcinogenesis and selectively increase apoptosis in UVB-induced skin tumors in mice.
5. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate has protective effects against βA-induced neuronal apoptosis through scavenging reactive oxygen species, which may be beneficial for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease.
1. (-)-Epigallocatechin(EGC) has prominent antiplatelet activity and blood anticoagulation in a dose-dependent manner.
2. (-)-Epigallocatechin (EGC) can suppress oxidation of plasma low density lipoprotein (LDL) in vitro.
3. Epigallocatechin activates haem oxygenase-1 expression via protein kinase Cdelta and Nrf2.
4. Cu(2+) with (-)-epigallocatechin (EGC) facilitated DNA cleavage, while Ag+ with EGC showed a strong repressive effect, the other metal ions examined showed little effect.
1. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-(3''-O-methyl)gallate shows a strong antioxidative activity, it also has a strong cytotoxic activity.
2. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-O-(3-O-methyl)-gallate has potent antiallergic activity, it can negatively regulate basophil activation through the suppression of FcepsilonRI expression.
3. (-)-Epicatechin 3-(3-O-methylgallate) has anti-inflammatory effect, it can suppress the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-induced inflammation of mouse ears, its activity is stronger than those of indomethacin and glycyrrhetinic acid, the normally used anti-inflammatory agents.
4. Epigallocatechin-3-(3''-O-methyl)gallate has the function for cold preservation of primary rat hepatocytes.
1. Gallocatechins have antioxidant potential.
1. (-)-Gallocatechin gallate can precipitate cholesterol.
2. (-)-Gallocatechin gallate decreasees osteoclastogenesis at 20 microM.
3. (-)-Gallocatechin gallate inhibits production and extracellular release of maltose binding protein and a periplasmic protein into the culture supernatant.