1. (-)-Asarinin shows antibacterial activity.
1. Bilobalide can protect PC12 cells from A beta 25-35-induced cytotoxicity, it dose-dependently attenuates the cytotoxic effect of A beta 25-35.
2. Bilobalide exerts protective and trophic effects on neurons, the PI3K/Akt pathway may be involved in the protective effects of bilobalide.
3. Bilobalide possesses anticonvulsant activity, the anticonvulsant effect is due to elevation of GABA levels, possibly through potentiation of glutamic acid decarboxylase activity and enhancement of the protein amount of 67 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase by bilobalide.
4. PAF(platelet-activating factor) and its receptor may be involved in the cellular response of cardiomyocytes to hypoxia and that bilobalide may interact with this receptor to exert its cardioprotective effects.
5. Bilobalide and its derivatives( contain trilactone structure) have insecticidal activity.
1. (-)-Epicatechin gallate can effectively stimulates osteoblast differentiation, indicated by the increased expression of osteoblastic marker genes.
2. (-)-Epicatechin gallate has antioxidative effect against lipid peroxidation when phospholipid bilayers are exposed to aqueous oxygen radicals.
1. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a green tea polyphenol that reduce Aβ aggregation, inhibits the aggregation of tau K18ΔK280 into toxic oligomers at ten- to hundred-fold substoichiometric concentrations, thereby rescuing toxicity in neuronal model cells.
2. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate treatment enduring to cardio protection at mitochondrial level.
3. The effect of (-)-epigallocatechin gallate was independent of an intact leptin receptor;growth inhibition and regression of human prostate and breast tumors in athymic mice treated with EGCG as well as play a role in the mechanism by which EGCG inhibits cancer initiation and promotion in various animal models of cancer.
4. Topical applications of (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) can inhibit carcinogenesis and selectively increase apoptosis in UVB-induced skin tumors in mice.
5. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate has protective effects against βA-induced neuronal apoptosis through scavenging reactive oxygen species, which may be beneficial for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease.
1. (-)-Epigallocatechin(EGC) has prominent antiplatelet activity and blood anticoagulation in a dose-dependent manner.
1. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-(3''-O-methyl)gallate shows a strong antioxidative activity, it also has a strong cytotoxic activity.
2. (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-O-(3-O-methyl)-gallate has potent antiallergic activity, it can negatively regulate basophil activation through the suppression of FcepsilonRI expression.
3. (-)-Epicatechin 3-(3-O-methylgallate) has anti-inflammatory effect, it can suppress the 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-induced inflammation of mouse ears, its activity is stronger than those of indomethacin and glycyrrhetinic acid, the normally used anti-inflammatory agents.
4. Epigallocatechin-3-(3''-O-methyl)gallate has the function for cold preservation of primary rat hepatocytes.
1. Gallocatechins have antioxidant potential.
1. (-)-Huperzine A is a naturally occurring potent reversible AChE inhibitor that penetrates the blood-brain barrier.
2. (-)-Huperzine A can be used as a protectIve agent against lethal dose nerve agent toxicity in guinea pigs.
3. A combination of (+) and (-)-Huperzine A offers better protection than (+)-Hup A.
1. l-isocorypalmine (l-ICP), l-ICP likely acts as a D1 partial agonist and a D2 antagonist to produce its in vivo effects and may be a promising agent for treatment of cocaine addiction.
2. (-)-Isocorypalmine has significant antifungal activity.