1. Iriflophenone-3- C -glucoside has antioxidant activity, it presents no radical scavenging ability against DPPH , but scavenges ABTS + and peroxyl radicals (TEAC ABTS of 1.04 and TEAC ORAC of 3.61).
2. Iriflophenone-3-C-β-d-glucoside shows potent inhibitory activity against α-glucosidase.
3. Iriflophenone 3-C-β-D-glucoside and mangiferin which along with 3 β taraxerol and other sterols could be contributing to the cholesterol lowering activity.
Ganoderol B is a potent α-glucosidase and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, with an IC(50) of α-glucosidase is 119.8 uM. It may be useful in prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) therapy through suppressing the function of androgen and its receptor.
1. 3α-Akebonoic acid shows interesting in vitro growth inhibitory activity against human tumor A549 and HeLa cell lines, it also shows significant in vitro α-glucosidase inhibitory activity.
2. 3α-Akebonoic acid can interfer with presenilin-1 (PS1)/ β-site APP-cleaving enzyme 1 (BACE1) interaction and reduces Aβ production, the chemical interference of PS1/BACE1 interaction is a promising strategy for Alzheimer’s disease therapeutics.
1. Balanophonin exhibits cytotoxicity against SGC-7901 and SMMC-7721 cell lines.
2. (-)-Balanophonin shows the significant inhibitory activity on advanced glycation end products (AGEs) formation with values of 27.81uM.
3. Balanophonin shows potent α-glucosidase inhibitory activity.
4. Balanophonin has antioxidant activity.
5. (±)-Balanophonin shows significant antibacterial activity against cariogenic oral streptococci, Streptococcus mutans and S. sobrinus.
Glycitin has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-obese,anti-diabetic and estrogenic activities and may exert preventative effects on alcoholism, osteonecrosis,cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases and some types of cancer. It has a protective effect on skin aging by inhibiting of MMP-1 and increasing of collagen through ERK/JNK/P38 down-regulation, shows good inhibitory effect on α-glucosidase with IC50 of 0.5646 mg/mL.