1. Sideroxylonal A, isolated from the benzene extract of the leaves of Eucalyptus grandis, is a highly potent repellent.
1. (+)-Nootkatone has antiallergic, anti-inflammatory, and antiplatelet activities.
2. Nootkatone has antiproliferative activity.
3. Plant-derived acaricides nootkatone and carvacrol can suppress Ixodes scapularis Say and Amblyomma americanum (L.) (Acari: Ixodidae).
4. (+)-Nootkatone has potent inhibitory effect on collagen-, thrombin-, and AA-induced platelet aggregation, it also has a significant inhibitory effect on rat platelet aggregation ex vivo.
5. Nootkatone, a naturally occurring AMPK activator, can stimulate energy metabolism and prevents diet-induced obesity by activating AMPK.
6. Nootkatone is a strong repellent and toxicant to Formosan subterranean termites, the lowest effective concentration tested is 10 micrograms/g substrate.
1. Mangiferin regulates proliferation and apoptosis in glioma cells by induction of miR-15b and inhibition of MMP-9 expression.
2. Mangiferin inhibits cell cycle progression through the ATR-Chk1 stress response DNA damage pathway, leading to cell cycle arrest at G2/M phase in leukemia cells.
3. Mangiferin has beneficial effect on the regulation of endothelial homeostasis and could be used in the management of diabetic cardiovascular complications.
4. Mangiferin prevents the renal glomerulus fibrosis of diabetic rats, through the suppression of osteopontin overproduction and inflammation likely via inactivation of NF-кB.
5. Mangiferin has anti-steatotic effect may occur independently of the hepatic signals associated with de novo fatty acid synthesis and oxidation, can inhibit hepatic DGAT-2 that catalyzes the final step in triglyceride biosynthesis .
6. Mangiferin has protective effects on iron-induced oxidative damage to rat serum and liver.
7. Mangiferin attenuates osteoclastogenesis, bone resorption, and RANKL-induced activation of NF-κB and ERK.
8. Mangiferin and vimang have anthelminthic and antiallergic activities.