1. Dimethyl phthalate is insect repellent.
2. Diethyl phthalate (DEP), dimethyl phthalate (DMP), phthalic acid ester (PAE) plasticizers, were evaluated for developmental toxicity, some PAE are embryotoxic and teratogenic.
1. Eucamolol exhibits significant repellent activity against Aedes albopictus, and inhibits its feeding as well as DEET, is effective repellent (75%) up to 3 h after exposure to mosquito.
1. Shyobunone and isoshyobunone have insecticidal and repellant activity, they exhibit strong contact toxicity against Lasioderma serricorne (LS adults with LD50 values of 20.24 and 24.19 ug/adult, respectively; they are strongly repellent against Tribolium castaneum (TC) at 78.63 nL/cm2.
1. Cinnamamide, a non-lethal repellent, deters feeding by a wide range of avian species;cinnamamide has the potential for use against the commensal rodent Mus musculus in situations where use of lethal control methods could be hazardous (e.g. food stores).
2. Cinnamamide is an antitumor agent with low cytotoxicity acting on matrix metalloproteinase, and may serve as a lead compound in the development of antitumor drugs.
3. Cinnamamide and betaine cinnamamide have growth-regulating activity on wheat.
1. Isoalantolactone has the capacity to inhibit tumor cell growth through induction of apoptosis, may be mediated through caspase-dependent apoptotic pathways, S phase arrest, inhibition of phosphorylation of PI3K/Akt, and downregulation of Bcr/Abl, suggests it may as a potential cancer therapeutic compound.
2. Isoalantolactone possesses antifungal, antibacteria, antihelminthic and antiproliferative activities.
3. Isoalantolactone exhibits repellent and toxic activities against rice weevil [Sitophilus oryzae (L.) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae)] based on a food preference apparatus and a poisoned food technique, it shows strong phytotoxic effects on seed germination and seedling growth of wheat at a concentration of 500 μg ml-1 for 60 h, isoalantolactone may be considered for wheat seeds preservation in control of storage weevils.