1. Acetylcorynoline has anti-inflammatory properties, it also has potential to improve parkinson's disease, it may exert its effects by decreasing egl-1 expression to suppress apoptosis pathways and by increasing rpn5 expression to enhance the activity of proteasomes.
2. Acetylcorynoline may be one of the potent immunosuppressive agents through the blockage of dendritic cells maturation and function.
3. Acetylcorynoline has protective action against experimental liver injury in mice.
Irisflorentin has anti-inflammatory activity, it can markedly reduce the transcriptional and translational levels of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) as well as the production of NO, it also can significantly inhibit TNF-α, IL-1βand IL-6 at both the transcriptional and translational levels; Irisflorentin has potential to ameliorate Parkinson’s disease in Caenorhabditis elegans models by promoting rpn-3 expression and down-regulating egl-1 expression; Irisflorentin may as an immunotherapeutic adjuvant.
Levodopa is the precursor to the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and epinephrine (adrenaline), used to treat Parkinson's symptoms.
Schisantherin A exhibits anti-tussive, sedative, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-osteoporotic, neuroprotective, cognition enhancing, and cardioprotective activities. Schisantherin A can significantly attenuate Aβ1-42-induced learning and memory impairment and noticeably improve the histopathological changes in the hippocampus. Schisantherin A exhibits neuroprotection against 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium ion (MPP(+)) through the regulation of two distinct pathways including increasing CREB-mediated Bcl-2 expression and activating PI3K/Akt survival signaling.
1. Rasagiline mesylate (TVP-1012) is a potent, selective, non-reversible MAO-B inhibitor, without the tyramine-potentiating effect and with neuroprotective activities, with anti-Parkinson activity.
2. Rasagiline mesylate exhibits neuroprotective and anti-apoptotic activity against several neurotoxins in cell culture.