1. Procyanidin B3 (B3) is a procyanidin dimer that is widely studied due to its high abundance in the human diet and antioxidant activity.
2. Procyanidin B3 (B3) has stronger anti-inflammatory activity than that of indomethacin and glycyrrhetinic acid, the normally used anti-inflammatory agents.
3. Procyanidin B3 (B3) prevented the progression of osteoarthritis (OA) and heterotopic cartilage formation, by inhibiting H2O2-induced apoptosis in primary chondrocytes, suppressing H2O2- or IL-1ß−induced nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) production, and preventing IL-1ß−induced suppression of chondrocyte differentiation marker gene expression in primary chondrocytes.
1. Gartanin possesses antifungal property.
2. Gartanin possesses potent antioxidant, anti‑inflammatory properties.
3. Gartanin induces protective autophagy mainly by JNK-Bcl-2 pathway.
4. Gartanin possesses antineoplastic property, could be a multiple targeting agent into its chemopreventive properties for human urinary bladder cancer.
1. Dimethyl curcumin and 4-ethoxycarbonylethyl curcumin developed previously are found to be active anti-androgen receptor agents, which show greater potency than hydroxyflutamide, an anti-androgen currently used clinically.