1. Procyanidin B3 (B3) is a procyanidin dimer that is widely studied due to its high abundance in the human diet and antioxidant activity.
2. Procyanidin B3 prevents osteoarthritis (OA) progression and heterotopic cartilage formation, at least in a part through the suppression of iNOS, these results support the potential therapeutic benefits of B3 for treatment of human OA and heterotopic ossification.
3. Procyanidin B3 is an inhibitor of histone acetyltransferase, B3 enhances the action of antagonist for prostate cancer cells via inhibition of p300-dependent acetylation of androgen receptor.
1. Fisetin is an anti-inflammatory flavonoid, it has beneficial effect on periodontal disease, may via inhibiting MAPK activation and COX-2 expression without affecting cell viability.
2. Fisetin can ameliorate photodamage by suppressing the mitogen-activated protein Kinase/Matrix metalloproteinase pathway and nuclear factor-κB pathways.
3. Fisetin suppresses the accumulation of intracellular lipids by inhibiting GLUT4-mediated glucose uptake through inhibition of the mTOR-C/EBPα signaling in 3T3-L1 cells.
4. Fisetin has antimetastatic effects on prostate, breast and lung cancers.
5. Fisetin functions as a dual inhibitor of mTORC1/2 signaling leading to inhibition of prostate cancer (CaP)-dependent translation and induction of autophagic cell death in PC3 cells.
6. Fisetin has direct antioxidant activity, it can also increase the intracellular levels of glutathione (GSH), the major endogenous antioxidant, and fisetin has both neurotrophic and anti-inflammatory activity.
7. Fisetin shows in vitro antifungal activity( MIC<128 ug/mL) and low toxicity( (IC50=158 ug/mL) on animal cells.
1. Gartanin possesses potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antineoplastic properties.
2. Gartanin induces protective autophagy mainly by JNK-Bcl-2 pathway.
3. Gartanin is an androgen receptor degradation enhancer.
4. Gartanin is a potential neuroprotective agent against glutamate-induced oxidative injury partially through increasing Nrf-2-independed HO-1 and AMPK/SIRT1/PGC-1αsignaling pathways.
5. Gartanin has anti-proliferation effect in T98G cells, which is most likely via cell cycle arrest modulated by autophagy, which is regulated by PI3K/Akt/mTOR signalling pathway, while its anti-migration effect is most likely via suppression of MMP-2/-9 activity which is involved in MAPK signalling pathway.
1. 6-Hydroxy-5,6-dehydrosugiol is a potent androgen receptor antagonist in prostate cancer cells, it has potential for use in chemoprevention and chemotherapy of prostate cancers.
1. Eriosemation significant androgen receptor (AR) inhibition activity, suggests that it could be a promising candidate for further evaluation for prostate cancer prevention or management.