1. Angelicin may provide a lead structure for the development of antiviral drug against gammaherpesviruses.
2. Angelicin might be a potential new agent for prevention of inflammatory reactions and diseases in the clinic.
3. Angelicin is an effective apoptosis-inducing natural compound of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells.
4. Angelicin, at high seed productivity of H. sosnowskyi may have an ecological significance in plant-plant interaction.
1. Martynoside has antioxidative activity.
2. Martynoside is an important natural SERM.
3. Martynoside has anticancer and antimetastatic activities.
4. Martynoside has the potential of antagonizing sports anaemia, the mechanism of this effect might be related to preventing RBC from free radical damage.
1. Cucurbitacin D induces apoptosis through caspase-3 and phosphorylation of JNK in hepatocellular carcinoma cells.
2. Cucurbitacin D has anticancer effect, might be a new therapeutic option for the treatment of endometrial and ovarian cancers.
3. Cucurbitacin D may be a potential therapeutic agent for β-hemoglobinopathies, including sickle cell anemia and β-thalassemia.
1. Vanillin inhibits yeast growth and fermentation.
2. Vanillin has toxicity, which involves damage induced by oxidative stress.
3. Vanillin can reversibly and non-competitively inhibit the cellulase activity at appropriate concentrations and the value of IC50 was estimated to be 30 g/L.
4. Vanillin protects KSC from UVB irradiation and its effects may occur through the suppression of downstream step of MDM2 in UVB irradiation-induced p53 activation.