1. Chondroitin is in dietary supplements used as an alternative medicine to treat osteoarthritis.
2. Chondroitin inhibits dose-dependently of the hydrolysis and transglycosylation reactions of bovine testicular hyaluronidase.
3. Chondroitin sulfate is a regulator of neuronal patterning in the retina, in the developing mammalian retina, gradual regression of chondroitin sulfate may help control the onset of ganglion cell differentiation and initial direction of their axons.
4. Chondroitin sulfate has anti-inflammatory and chondroprotective actions.
1. Ginsenoside F4 has strongly inhibit activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in signal transduction pathways.
2. Ginsenoside F4 has inhibitory effect on human lymphocytoma JK cell by inducing its apoptosis, the mechanism is related to the mitochondrial dysfunction and the increase of Bax expression and decrease of Bcl-2 expression.