1. Neohesperidin is an intensive sweetener widely used in food and feed industry.
1. Calycosin acts as a selective estrogen receptor modulator.
2. Calycosin induces apoptosis in human ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells by activating caspases and Bcl-2 family proteins.
3. Calycosin suppresses breast cancer cell growth via ERβ-dependent regulation of IGF-1R, p38 MAPK and PI3K/Akt pathways.
4. Calycosin has antineoplastic effects against osteosarcoma through inducing apoptosis showing in vitro and in vivo investigations.
5. Calycosin was shown to induce angiogenesis in human umbilical vein endothelial cell cultures (HUVEC) in vitro.
6. Calycosin may be an effective skin-lightening agent that regulates the expression of melanogenic enzymes. Calycosin exhibited tyrosinase inhibitory activity with an IC(50) value of 38.4 microM.
1. Calycosin 7-O-β-D-glucoside has antimicrobial activity.
2. Calycosin 7-O-β-D-glucoside is anticipated to be a promising anti-HIV agent.
3. Calycosin-7-O-beta-D-glucoside shows scavenging activity to DPPH radicals, and superoxide anion .
4. Calycosin 7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside possesses an alleviating effect on osteoarthritis.
5. Calycosin 7-O-β-D-glucoside can increase the fluidity of brain cell membrane in ischemia-reperfusion rats.
6. Calycosin 7-O-β-D-glucopyranoside possesses a protective effect on rat hepatocytes, an inhibitory effect on COX-2 activity.
1. Rotundine has antinociceptive effect at 15min and 30 min, no effect in 60 min.
2. Rotundine may be a useful drug for suppressing morphine tolerance and withdrawal symptoms.
1. Sodium Aescinate has antiedematous effect.
2. Sodium Aescinate has immunity enhancing effect.
3. Sodium Aescinate has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities, may effectively control and improve wound healing in diabetic rats.
4. Sodium Aescinate can protect the lung injury induced by intestinal ischemia/reperfusion (I/R), which may be mediated by inhibiting lipid peroxidation, upregulating Bcl-2 gene protein expression, improving the ratio of Bcl-2/ Bax to inhibit lung apoptosis.