1. Neohesperidin is a natural new nutrition sweetener, widely existing in plants of dry citrus peel, is particularly suitable for consumption by diabetic patients.
2. Neohesperidin exhibits antioxidant activity (IC50=22.31ug/mL) in the 1,1-diphenyl -2-picryldydrazyl (DPPH) radical-scavenging assay; neohesperidin (50mg/kg) significantly inhibits 55.0% of HCl/ethanol-induced gastric lesions, and increases the mucus content, it may be useful for the treatment and/or protection of gastritis.  3. Neohesperidin can attenuate cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury via the inhibition of neuronal and oxidative stress through the regulation of the apoptotic pathway and activating the Akt/Nrf2/HO-1 pathway.
4. Neohesperidin and hesperidin have potent anti-inflammatory effects in various inflammatory models, they significantly aggravate gastric damage caused by indomethacin administration as evidenced by increased ulcer index and histopathological changes of stomach.
5. Neohesperidin, Albiflorin, and Aloeemodin have a potent inhibitory effect on Aβ1-40 and Aβ1-42 aggregation, and have neuroprotective effect on primary hippocampal cells against β-Amyloid induced toxicity.
1. Calycosin acts as a selective estrogen receptor modulator.
2. Calycosin induces apoptosis in human ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells by activating caspases and Bcl-2 family proteins.
3. Calycosin suppresses breast cancer cell growth via ERβ-dependent regulation of IGF-1R, p38 MAPK and PI3K/Akt pathways.
4. Calycosin has antineoplastic effects against osteosarcoma through inducing apoptosis showing in vitro and in vivo investigations.
5. Calycosin was shown to induce angiogenesis in human umbilical vein endothelial cell cultures (HUVEC) in vitro.
6. Calycosin may be an effective skin-lightening agent that regulates the expression of melanogenic enzymes. Calycosin exhibited tyrosinase inhibitory activity with an IC(50) value of 38.4 microM.
7. Calycosin has neuroprotective effects in cerebral ischemia/reperfusion rats, and the molecular mechanisms may correlate with the positive feedback between ER-α and miR-375, along with the regulation of downstream targets.
8. Calycosin is a vasorelaxant, it is also a noncompetitive Ca(2+) channel blocker.
1. Calycosin-7-O-β-d-glucoside can protect BBB integrity in experimental cerebral ischemia–reperfusion injury via regulating NO/cav-1/MMPs pathway.
2. Calycosin-7-O-β-D-glucoside can promote oxidative stress-induced cytoskeleton reorganization through integrin-linked kinase signaling pathway in vascular endothelial cells.
3. Calycosin-7-O-β-d-glucoside attenuates ischemia-reperfusion injuryin vivovia activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway.
4. Calycosin-7-O-β-D-glucoside has effects on cell apoptosis in cervical cancer HeLa cells and expression of Bcl-2/Bax.
1. Gardenin has regulatory effect on the gene expression in rats with focal cerebral ischemia.
1. Rotundine combined with methadone treatment may be a better therapeutic method in treatment of heroin dependence.
2. Rotundine injection can ameliorate the damages by modulating the activities of different types of NOS, and the various types of NOS play different roles in the lung damages after brain I/R injury at different stages in rats; rotundine provides remarkable protection against cerebral ischemia reperfusion damage, its mechanisms may be through its influence on NO、ET 1 and energy metabolism.