1. Rhein has purgative effects.
2. Rhein is an antibacterial agent.
3. Rhein has anti-inflammatory and antioxidative effects.
4. Rhein has antitumor effects, may serve as a therapeutic or an adjuvant agent in anti-fibrotic and anti-tumorigenic approaches.
1. Ruscogenin has anti-inflammatory activity, suppressed zymosan A-evoked peritoneal total leukocyte migration in mice in a dose-dependent manner, 2. Ruscogenin inhibited adhesion of leukocytes to a human umbilical vein endothelial cell line (ECV304) injured by tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in a concentration-dependent manner.
3. Ruscogenin significantly attenuate LPS-induced acute lung injury via inhibiting expressions of TF and iNOS and NF-kappa B p65 activation.
1. Lovastatin has a powerful inhibitory effect on HMG-CoA reductase.
2. Lovastatin has a potential application to treat PD via antioxidant effect.
3. Lovastatin promotes fibrosis and epithelial to mesenchymal transition, by regulating the production of CCN2 in human gingival fibroblasts.
1. Morroniside would act as a regulator of hepatic inflammatory reactions and lipid metabolism in db/db mice.
2. Morroniside exhibits protective effects against diabetic renal damage and human umbilical vein endothelial cells , by inhibiting hyperglycemia and oxidative stress.
3. Morroniside can notably protect the brain from damage induced by focal cerebral ischemia which might be related to morroniside antioxidant and anti-apoptotic properties in the brain.
1. Arjunolic acid protects cardiac tissues from both extrinsic and intrinsic cell death pathways.
2. Arjunolic acid may protect liver and kidney from ATO-induced severe tissue toxicity.
3. Arjunolic acid effects appears mainly restricted or originated at the parasite peripheral cytoplasm.
4. Arjunolic acid possesses antioxidant properties and plays protective roles against chemically induced organ pathophysiology.
5. Arjunolic acid can protect against cisplatin-induced testicular injury by attenuating oxidative stress parameters along with downregulation of iNOS, TNF-α, and p38-MAPK testicular expressions.