1. Esculentic acid has anti-inflammatory effect.
2. Esculentic acid has protective effects against LPS-induced endotoxic shock may be mediated, at least in part, by regulation the release of inflammatory cytokines and mediators, and protein expression of COX-2 in mice.
1. 3(18)-Oleanen-3-one has anti-inflammatory effect, can inhibit IL-6, TNF-α and NO production, control the cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) regulation at protein levels.
1. Hydrocortisone improves outcome by limiting this immunosuppressive feedback loop via an interleukin-10-dependent elimination of dendritic cell by natural killer cells.
2. The hormones T3 and Hydrocortisone showed significantly higher levels of hyaluronate inhibition as compared to each hormone alone in the human dermal matrix.
1. Yangambin is a selective antagonist of the cardiovascular effects of platelet activating factor (PAF) and therefore constitutes a potential therapeutic agent in different shock states where abnormal PAF release is supposed to play an important role.
2. Yangambin has central nervous system activity, it presents a depressant activity in the open field, forced swimming and pentobarbital sleeping time tests.
3. Yangambin has hypotensive effect, which is probably due to a peripheral vasodilatation that involves, at least, the inhibition the Ca2+ influx through voltage-gated Ca2+ channels.