1. 6,8-Diprenylorobol possesses weaker anti-H. pylori activity, may be used as chemopreventive agent for peptic ulcer or gastric cancer.
2. 6,8-Diprenylorobol is evaluated against the AIDS-related opportunistic fungal pathogens, Candida albicans and Cryptococcus neoformans.
1. Tracheloside significantly decreases the activity of alkaline phosphatase (AP), an estrogen-inducible marker enzyme, with an IC(50) value of 0.31 microg/ml, a level of inhibition comparable to that of tamoxifen (IC(50) = 0.43 microg/ml).
1. Coumestrol suppresses the accumulation of HIF-1α via suppression of SPHK1 pathway in hypoxic PC-3 cells.
2. Coumestrol is a novel inducer of mitochondrial biogenesis through the activation of Sirt1.
3. Coumestrol can function by inhibiting oncogenic disease, at least in part, through CKII inhibition-mediated cellular senescence.
4. Coumestrol treatment is effective in preventing neuronal loss in all times of administration as well as able to rescue the Na+, K+ -ATPase activity, suggesting its potential benefits for either prevention or therapeutics use against cerebral ischemia in males.