1. 3-Deoxysappanone B has vasorelaxation effects, it can mediate endothelium- independent vasodilator action in rat thoracic aortic rings.
1. Pachyaximine A possesses significant antibacterial activity against Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Corynebacterium diphtheriae and Corynebacterium pyrogenes.
2. (-)-Pachyaximine A demonstrates significant activity as antiestrogen binding site (AEBS)-inhibitory agents, and potentiates significantly the antiestrogenic effect mediated by tamoxifen in cultured Ishikawa cells.
1. Axillaridine shows significant activity as antiestrogen binding site-inhibitory agents.
2. The complexation of AChE with Axillaridine-A, results in the reduction of gorge size due to interaction between the ligand and the active site residues.
1. 6,8-Diprenylorobol possesses weaker anti-H. pylori activity, may be used as chemopreventive agent for peptic ulcer or gastric cancer.
2. 6,8-Diprenylorobol is evaluated against the AIDS-related opportunistic fungal pathogens, Candida albicans and Cryptococcus neoformans.
1. Tracheloside significantly decreases the activity of alkaline phosphatase (AP), an estrogen-inducible marker enzyme, with an IC(50) value of 0.31 microg/ml, a level of inhibition comparable to that of tamoxifen (IC(50) = 0.43 microg/ml).