1. Colchicine has anti-cancer activity.
2. Colchicine is a anti-gout agent.
3. Colchicine is used to treat familial Mediterranean fever.
4. Colchicine is used as an anti-inflammatory agent for long-term treatment of Behçet's disease.
5. Colchicine inhibits microtubule polymerization by binding to tubulin, one of the main constituents of microtubules.
6. Colchicine is also used for constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome in women, and for treatment of severe or persistent aphthous stomatitis (canker sores).