1. Nuciferine is a major active aporphine alkaloid from the leaves of N. nucifera Gaertn that possesses anti-hyperlipidemia, anti-hypotensive, anti-arrhythmic, and insulin secretagogue activities.
2. Nuciferine is an important drug candidate for the treatment of obesity-related diseases, through ameliorating HFD-induced dyslipidemia as well as liver steatosis and injury.
3. Nuciferine may be potential for the prevention and treatment of hyperuricemia with kidney inflammation.
4. Nuciferine has a vasorelaxant effect via both endothelium-dependent and -independent mechanisms, suggests that nuciferine may have a therapeutic effect on vascular diseases associated with aberrant vasoconstriction.
5. Nuciferine, extracted from Nelumbo nucifera, can stimulate both phases of insulin secretion in isolated islets by closing potassium-adenosine triphosphate channels, explaining anti-diabetic effects of Nelumbo nucifera.
6. Nuciferine inhibits tumor-promoting effect of nicotine involving Wnt/β-catenin signaling in non-small cell lung cancer, it presents a potential novel alternative to NSCLC prevention and therapy.
1. Pinusolide is a potent and specific PAF antagonist.
2. Pinusolide inhibits 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO)-dependent leukotriene C4 (LTC4) generation in immunoglobulin E (IgE)/Ag-induced bone marrow-derived mast cells (BMMCs) in a concentration-dependent manner.