1. Bi-linderone shows significant activity against glucosamine-induced insulin resistance in HepG2 cells at a concentration of 1 microg/mL.
1. Linderaspirone A shows significant activity against glucosamine-inducedinsulin resistance.
1. Licarin B can improve insulin sensitivity via PPARγ and activation of GLUT4 in the IRS-1/PI3K/AKT pathway in 3T3-L1 adipocytes, it as a promising bioactive for insulin resistance and associated complications through its partial PPARγ activity.
Ginsenoside Re is a major ginsenoside in ginseng and belongs to 20(S)-protopanaxatriol group. It has diverse in vitro and in vivo effects, including anti-diabetic, vasorelaxant, antihyperlipidemic, anti-ischemic, angiogenic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammation actions. It also exhibits potent neuroprotective effects against neuroinflammation in a murine model of ALS. Re increases HCAEC outward current via SKCa channel activation; it also increases the proliferation of CD4+ T cells with decreases cell death, and enhances viability of CD4+T cells through the regulation of IFN-γ-dependent autophagy activity.
1. Agrimonolide exerts anti-inflammatory activity, at least in part, via suppressing LPS-induced activation of JAK-STATs and p38 MAPKs signaling pathway.
2. Agrimonolide is a potential α1 adrenergic receptor antagonist .
3. Agrimonolide and desmethylagrimonolide can effectively increase insulin-mediated glycogen level in heptocytes, they may play an important role in regulating glucose metabolism in insulin-resistance HepG2 cells and could be developed as a promising natural material for diabetes prevention and treatment.