Picroside I is a hepatoprotective agent which is reported to be antimicrobial and used against hepatitis B. It has antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory activities, it may be the valuable anti-invasive drug candidates for cancer therapy by suppressing Collagenases and Gelatinases. Picroside I can enhance basic fibroblast growth factor(bFGF)-, staurosporine- or dbc-mitogen-activated protein (MAP)-induced neurite outgrowth from PC12D cells.
|CFN99852||3,4-O-Isopropylidene shikimic acid
1. 3,4-Oxo- isopropylidene-shikimic acid has significant anti-inflammatory effect which may be related to inhibiting the production of prostaglandin E2 and protecting free radical against oxidation.
2. 3,4-Oxo-isopropylidene-shikimic acid has protective effects on experimental colitis induced by trinitrobenzenesulfonic acid in rats, probably due to an antioxidant action.
3. 3,4-Oxo-isopropylidene-shikimic acid has anti-thrombosis effect, it inhibits thrombosis by anti-platelet-aggregation.
4. 3,4-Oxo-isopropylidene shikimic acid relieves the brain edema of rats subjected to MCAT by improving the energy metabolism and Na +, K +-ATPase activity in rat brain tissue.
5. 3,4-Oxo-isopropylidene-shikimic acid can inhibit adhesion of polymorphonuclear leukocyte to TNF-alpha-induced endothelial cells in vitro.
6. 3,4-Oxo-isopropylidene-shikimic acid has analgesic and antioxidant activities, it exhibits moderate antioxidant activity by scavenging the superoxide radical and hydroxyl radical with IC50 values of 0.214 and 0.450 ug/mL, respectively.
7. 3,4-Oxo-isopropylidene-shikimic acid has exhibited ameliorative effect on cognitive impairment in experimental animal models of dementia, it can promote adipogenesis by up-regulating expressions of C/EBP β, PPAR γ, C/EBP α, aP2 and FAS, and also stimulate adipokines during adipocyte differentiation, suggests that stimulation of adipokines and cognitive enhancing effect of 3,4-oxo-isopropylidene-shikimic acid have some relationship.
Magnolin has anti-inflammatory, anti-histaminic, and antioxidative effects, it might be a naturally occurring chemoprevention and therapeutic agent capable of inhibiting cell proliferation and transformation by targeting ERK1 and ERK2. Magnolin can ameliorate the renal tubular necrosis, apoptosis, and the deterioration of renal function, it reduces the renal oxidative stress, suppresses caspase-3 activity, and increases Bcl-2 expression in vivo and in vitro.
Harmine is a natural dual-specificity tyrosine phosphorylation-regulated kinase ((DYRK)) inhibitor with neuroprotective, anticancer and anti-inflammatory activities. It regulates PPARγ expression through inhibition of the Wnt signaling pathway, it also selectively binds to MAO-A and reversibly inhibits monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) but not the variant MAO-B. Harmine is able to induce beta cell proliferation, increase islet mass and improve glycemic control. Harmine induces apoptosis and inhibits proliferation, migration and invasion of human gastric cancer cells, which may be mediated by down-regulation of COX-2 expression.
Ethyl gallate has anti-cancer, antioxidant activities, it may be an alternative class of vasopressors for use in septic shock. Ethyl gallate can treat acute lung injury (ALI) mainly by reducing the total cells and infiltration of activated polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMNs). Ethyl gallate inhibits Akt , NF-κB p-65, Bcl-2/Bax, and mRNA levels of MMP-2 and MMP-9.