1. Caryophyllene oxide shows significant central as well as peripheral analgesic, along with anti-inflammatory, activity at the doses of 12.5 and 25mg/kg body wt.
2. Caryophyllene oxide inhibits growth and induces apoptosis through the suppression of PI3K/AKT/mTOR/S6K1 pathways and ROS-mediated MAPKs activation.
3. Caryophyllene oxide as an antifungal agent in an in vitro experimental model of onychomycosis.
4. Artemisia campestris ssp. campestris essential oils with dominant caryophyllene oxide are notably toxic.
5. Caryophyllene Oxide and lupenone have synergistic effect against Trypanosoma cruzi.
6. β-Caryophyllene oxide has acaricidal activities against house dust mites,it and structural analogues have potential for development as preventive agents for control of house dust mites.
1. Atractylenolide III may control immunological reactions by regulating the cellular functions of IL-6 in mast cells.
2. Atractylenolide III and atractylenolide I have anti-inflammatory activity through inhibition of nuclear factor-κB and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in mouse macrophages, can inhibit Lipopolysaccharide-induced TNF- α and NO production in macrophages.
3. Atractylenolide III can induce apoptosis in human lung carcinoma A549 cells via mitochondria-mediated death pathway, indicates that it is a potential candidate for treatment of human lung carcinoma.
4. Atractylenolide III (LD50, 103.3 mg/m2) and atractylon (136.2 mg/m2) are potential house dust mite control agents, they are five and four times more toxic than Deet and 1.7- and 1.3-fold more active than dibutyl phthalate, respectively, based on 24 h LD50 values.
5. Atractylenolide III has neuroprotection against glutamate-induced neuronal apoptosis via inhibiting caspase signaling pathway.
6. Atractylenolide III has gastroprotective activity on ethanol-induced gastric ulcer in vitro and in vivo.
1. The use of costic acid and other components from the plant Dittrichia viscosa (Greek: aconiza) and related species for the preparation of acaricidal products used against the acari Varroa destructor as parasite of the honey bee.
1. Nootkatone can provide effective tick control.
2. (+)-Nootkatone has antiallergic, anti-inflammatory, and antiplatelet activities.
3. Nootkatone can prevent obesity and improve physical performance through AMPK activation in skeletal muscle and liver.