1. 1,2-Benzenediol(catechol) is used as 5% aq. soln. for photometric detn. of Nb, Os, Ta, Ti, W, complexing agent of some metals (e.g. Al, Ti) (anionic complexes associated with basic dyes).
2. 1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can induce spontaneous convulsive activity in the anaesthetized mouse.
3. 1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can produce myoclonic jerks in the rat.
1. Coenzyme Q10 and alpha-lipoic acid act as potent antioxidants; treatment with coenzyme Q10 plus alpha-lipoic acid can significantly restore contractile responses to all forms of stimulation, treatment also has mitochondrial and neuronal effects and reduces protein nitration and carbonylation,demonstrates that coenzyme Q10 and alpha-lipoic acid supplementation can improve bladder function after outlet obstruction.
2. Coenzyme Q10 has neuroprotective effect in the cerebral ischemia via as a potent antioxidant and oxygen derived free radicals scavenger.
3. Treatment with coenzyme Q10 in patients with myocardial infarction (MI) may be beneficial in patients with high risk of atherothrombosis.
4. The combination of Coenzyme Q10 and creatine may be useful in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease and Huntington's Diseases.
5. Coenzyme Q10 supplementation improves endothelial function of conduit arteries of the peripheral circulation in dyslipidaemic patients with Type II diabetes, the mechanism could involve increased endothelial release and/or activity of nitric oxide due to improvement in vascular oxidative stress.
1. Celastrol has potential to be used as an antiangiogenesis drug through its role in suppressing VEGF receptors expression.
2. Celastrol has anti-proliferative activity, it has anti-tumor effect on various cancers.
3. Celastrol has anti-inflammatory activity, used for clinical treatment for rheumatoid arthritis.
4. Celastrol, a novel HSP90 inhibitor, can deplete Bcr–Abl and induce apoptosis in imatinib-resistant chronic myelogenous leukemia cells harboring T315I mutation.
5. Celastrol has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities and has effects on cognitive functions, suggest that the drug may be useful to treat accompanied by inflammation, such as Alzheimer's disease (AD) .
6.. Celastrol inhibits Plasmodium falciparum enoyl-acyl carrier protein reductase.
1. Trigonelline hydrochloride is an Inhibitior of the Nrf2 transcription factor.
2. Trigonelline hydrochloride has hypoglycemic, hypolipidemic, neuroprotective, antimigraine, sedative, memory-improving, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-tumor and inhibiting platelet aggregation activities.
3. Trigonelline hydrochloride reduces diabetic auditory neuropathy by affecting β cell regeneration.
1. Harpagoside has anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Harpagoside at 3 mM concentration, shows moderate inhibition of seed germination.
3. Harpagoside can inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced mRNA levels and protein expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide in HepG2 cells.