1. Monotropein has antinociceptive action.
2. Monotropein has anti-apoptosis and anti-catabolic activity in chondrocytes.
3. Monotropein has anti-inflammatory action by inhibition of the expressions of inflammatory mediators via NF-κB inactivation, and support its possible therapeutic role in colitis.
4. Monotrope ininhibit the expressions of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), and interleukin-1β (IL-1β) mRNA in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 macrophages.
1. Momordin Ic might represent a potential source of anticancer candidate, by inducing apoptosis through oxidative stress-regulated mitochondrial dysfunction involving the MAPK and PI3K-mediated iNOS and HO-1 pathways.
2. Momordin Ic and oleanolic acid obtained from KF appear to contribute to alleviating the adverse effects of CCl4 treatment by enhancing the hepatic antioxidant defense system.
3. Momordin Ic accelerates gastrointestinal transit partially by stimulating synthesis of 5-HT to act through 5-HT(2), possibly 5-HT(2C) and/or 5-HT(2B) receptors, which, in turn, increases synthesis of prostaglandins.
4. Momordin Ic inhibited gastric emptying , is relative to serum glucose and, at least in part, mediated by capsaicin-sensitive sensory nerves and the central nervous system.
1. Arjunolic acid protects cardiac tissues from both extrinsic and intrinsic cell death pathways.
2. Arjunolic acid may protect liver and kidney from ATO-induced severe tissue toxicity.
3. Arjunolic acid effects appears mainly restricted or originated at the parasite peripheral cytoplasm.
4. Arjunolic acid possesses antioxidant properties and plays protective roles against chemically induced organ pathophysiology.
5. Arjunolic acid can protect against cisplatin-induced testicular injury by attenuating oxidative stress parameters along with downregulation of iNOS, TNF-α, and p38-MAPK testicular expressions.
1. Damnacanthal possesses anti-cancer property, can treat or prevent hepatocellular carcinoma through its inhibitory effects on the HGF/c-Met axis.
2. Damnacanthal inhibits mast cell activation induced by different stimuli and open a new window for the use of this compound as a mast cell stabilizer.
3. P53-mediated Damnacanthal induces apoptosis through the activation of p21 and caspase-7.
4. Damnacanthal possesses anti-inflammatory property, can inhibit the NF-κB/receptor-interacting protein-2/caspase-1 signal pathway by inhibiting p56lck tyrosine kinase .
5. Damnacanthal and noni extract supplements containing it could be potentially interesting for the treatment and/or chemoprevention of hepatocellular carcinoma through its inhibitory effects on the HGF/c-Met axis.
1. 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol exhibits beneficial effects in cerebral ischemic injury, has neuroprotective effect through upregulation of Nrf2, Prdx6, and PDI expression via the PI3K/Akt pathway.
2. 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol inhibit the development of new blood vessels by targeting multiple mechanisms of the angiogenic process, may as a promising candidate for the establishment of anti-angiogenic treatment strategies in cancer therapy.