1. Rubiadin has hepatoprotective effects against carbon tetrachloride (CCl 4 )-induced hepatic damage in rats.
2. Rubiadin possesses potent antioxidant property, it can prevent lipid peroxidation induced by FeSO4 and t-butylhydroperoxide (t-BHP) in a dose dependent manner.
3. Rubiadin can decrease bone loss through the inhibition of osteoclast formation,differentiation and bone resorption.
4. Rubiadin exhibits strong antitumor promoting activity at the concentration of 2.0 μg/ml when assayed using the inhibition test of Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) activation on Raji cells.
Diosgenin possesses antivascular calcification , anti-osteoclastogenesis, anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties, it has favorable effects in the improvement of diabetes and regulation of lipid metabolism. Diosgenin treated inflammation-related disorders through the blockade of cAMP, PKA, cPLA2, PAK, Akt and MAPKs signaling pathways. Diosgenin may decrease the risk of developing dementia of opiate abusers with HIV infection and the ApoE4 allele.
(-)-Gallocatechin gallate has cancer-preventive activities, it can precipitate cholesterol, decreasee osteoclastogenesis at 20 microM.
|CFN99815||Ganoderic acid DM
1. Ganoderic acid DM effectively inhibits cell proliferation and colony formation in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells, which is much stronger than that of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells.
2. Ganoderic Acid DM is an antiandrogenic osteoclastogenesis inhibitor.
3. Ganoderic acid DM especially suppresses the expression of c-Fos and nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1), this suppression leads to the inhibition of dendritic cell-specific transmembrane protein (DC-STAMP) expression and reduces osteoclast fusion.
4. Ganoderic acid DM has shown toxicity to both androgen-dependent and independent prostate cancer cells with reduced osteoclastogenesis in late stage metastatic disease, it may an alternative agent for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
Sarsasapogenin has antidiabetic, improving memory, antidepressant, anti-oxidative, anticancer and anti-inflamatory activities. It can effectively promote the proliferation,differentiation and mineralization of osteoblasts cultured in vitro, it also can inhibit the generation of osteoclasts from marrow cells. Sarsasapogenin potently inhibited NF-κB and MAPK activation, as well as IRAK1, TAK1, and IκBα phosphorylation in LPS-stimulated macrophages.