1. An isoflavone glycitin is isolated from the licorice, which has good inhibitory effect on α-glucosidase with IC50of 0.5646 mg·mL- 1, better than the position control acarbose.
2. Glycitin, daidzin, and genistin may modulate differentiation of MSC to cause a lineage shift toward the osteoblast and away from the adipocytes, and could inhibit adipocytic transdifferentiation of osteoblasts, they could also be helpful in preventing the development of osteonecrosis.
3. Glycitein has a protective effect on skin aging by inhibiting of MMP-1 and increasing of collagen through ERK/JNK/P38 down-regulation, which may be mediated by the inhibition of ERK, JNK, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases, suggests that glycitin is a potential agent for the treatment of skin ageing.
4. A mixture of daidzin and glycitin has anti-obese and anti-diabetic effects on C57BL/6J mice fed with a high-fat diet by the regulation of oxidative stress .
1. Sciadopitysin may prevent the development of diabetic osteopathy, it exerts its therapeutic effects via upregulation of mitochondrial biogenesis.
2. Sciadopitysin shows protective effects on antimycin A-induced toxicity in osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells, it may reduce or prevent osteoblasts degeneration.
3. Sciadopitysin can inhibit the Aβ aggregation and reduce Aβ-induced toxicity in the primary cortical neurons.