1. Dihydropinosylvinin is an phytoalexin, it shows antifungal activity against Cladosporium cladosporioides, Botryodiplodia theobromae, Aspergillus niger and Penicillium schlerotgenum, it also exhibits strong antibacterial activity against Bacillus cereus, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli.
2. Dihydropinosylvin and batatasin IV can inhibit the germination of seeds of and root elongation in young seedlings of Sorghum bicolor.
1. Eupatoriochromene retard seed germination , reduced radicle and hypocotyl growth of weed and crop plant seedlings and increased adventitious root formation of mung bean cuttings.
2. Eupatoriochromene has insecticidal activity, it exhibits toxicity againstCulex pipiens (house mosquito) larvae andOncopeltus fasciatus (large milkweed bug) nymphs.
1. Encecalin and demethylencecalin are major phytotoxic compounds isolated from Helianthella quinquenervis (Hook) A Gray (Asteraceae), they inhibit photosystem II (from water to 2,5-dibromo-3-methyl-6-isopropyl-1,4 p-benzo-quinone).
2. Encecalin and eupatoriochromene retard seed germination and reduce radicle and hypocotyl growth of weed and crop plant seedlings.
1. Heraclenol is a germination inhibitor in the parsley seeds.
2. Heraclenol has anti-inflammatory properties against the ear edema in mice produced by TPA.
3. Heraclenol and heraclenin inhibit the proliferation of melanoma cells and cell cycle at G2/M at concentrations of 0.1-1.0 uM.
1. Lyoniside and saracoside are cytotoxic to promastigotes and intracellular amastigotes, they demonstrate strong anti-leishmanial efficacies in BALB/c mice model of leishmaniasis, suggests that these two compounds potential anti-leishmanial candidates.
2. The synergistic action of lyoniside and triterpene acids was demonstrated in inhibitory effect exerted on germination and growth of Pinus sylvestris .