1. Dihydropinosylvinin is an phytoalexin, it shows antifungal activity against Cladosporium cladosporioides, Botryodiplodia theobromae, Aspergillus niger and Penicillium schlerotgenum, it also exhibits strong antibacterial activity against Bacillus cereus, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli.
2. Dihydropinosylvin and batatasin IV can inhibit the germination of seeds of and root elongation in young seedlings of Sorghum bicolor.
1. Eupatoriochromene retard seed germination , reduced radicle and hypocotyl growth of weed and crop plant seedlings and increased adventitious root formation of mung bean cuttings.
1. Encecalin can retard seed germination and reduce radicle and hypocotyl growth of weed and crop plant seedlings.
1. Heraclenol can inhibit the proliferation of melanoma cells and cell cycle.
1. Lyoniside has antioxidant activity.
2. Lyoniside has allelopathic and antifungal activities.