1. Chrysophanol has anti-inflammatory activity through the suppression of NF-κB/caspase-1 activation in vitro and in vivo.
2. Chrysophanol induces necrosis through the production of ROS and alteration of ATP levels in J5 human liver cancer cells.
3. Chrysophanol has mild cytotoxicity and anti-diabetic properties, it can play metabolic roles in the insulin-stimulated glucose transport pathway.
4. Chrysophanol is active against plant powdery mildew.
5. Chrysophanol can inhibit NALP3 inflammasome activation and ameliorate cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in mice.
1. Physcion shows cytotoxic effect on human cervical carcinoma HeLa cells and its apoptosis induction in HeLa cells was investigated by the expressions of p53, p21, Bax, Bcl-2, caspase-9, and caspase-3 proteins.
2. Physcion controls powdery mildew mainly through changing the expression of defence-related genes, and especially enhancing expression of leaf-specific thionin in barley leaves.