1. Oroxylin A has anti-inflammation activity, it can inhibit LPS-induced iNOS and COX-2 gene expression by blocking NF-κB activation.
2. Oroxylin A has selective antitumor effects, it preferentially inhibits the viability of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cell line HepG2 but not the normal hepatic cell line L02.
3. Oroxylin A reverses MDR by G2/M arrest and the underlying mechanism attributed to the suppression of P-gp expression via Chk2/P53/NF-κB signaling pathway.
4. Oroxylin A suppresses invasion through down-regulating the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2/9 in MDA-MB-435 human breast cancer cells, it may be developed as a therapeutic potential candidate for the treatment of cancer metastasis.
5. Baicalin and its metabolites, baicalein and oroxylin A has anti-pruritic effect, oral baicalin may be metabolized by intestinal microflora into baicalein and oroxylin A, which ameliorate pruritic reactions through anti-histamine action.
6. Oroxylin A has antithrombotic activities in vitro and in vivo.
7. Oroxylin A facilitates memory consolidation through brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)-TrkB signaling and confirms that the increase of BDNF in a specific time window plays a crucial role in memory consolidation.
8. Oroxylin A has antibacterial activity against a panel of susceptible and resistant Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms.