1. Madecassoside has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, it can effectively alleviate inflammatory response on CIA, and anti-inflammatory effects of MA can be attributed, at least partially, to the inhibition of pro-inflammatory mediators, including COX-2 expression, PGE2 production, TNF-αand IL-6 levels and the up-regulation anti-inflammatory molecule IL-10.
2. Madecassoside is a mechanism-based inhibitor of CYP2C19 and CYP3A4, suggests that madecassoside can cause drug-drug interactions via inhibition of CYP2C19 and CYP3A4.
3. Madecassoside has significant wound-healing activity and is one of the major reasons for the use of C. ASIATICA herbs in the successful treatment of burn injury, the effect of madecassoside on wound healing may involve several mechanisms including antioxidative activity, collagen synthesis and angiogenesis.
4. Madecassoside has the protective effect on myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury, this protection ability possibly due to its anti-lipid peroxidation, anti-inflammation and anti-apoptosis function and the enhancement of SOD activity.
5. Madecassoside can suppress LPS-induced TNF-αproduction in cardiomyocytes through inhibition of ERK, p38, and NF-κB activity, it may have cardioprotective effects in LPS-mediated .
6. Madecassoside is neuroprotective and may be useful in reducing the damage caused by stroke.
1. Tyrosol is a potential hypo-pigmenting agent.
2. Tyrosol has antioxidant effect, can decrease hyperglycemia.
3. Tyrosol has anti-allergic inflammatory effects by inhibiting the degranulation of mast cells and expression of inflammatory cytokines
4. Tyrosol significantly protects dopaminergic neurons from MPP(+)-induced degradation, and reveals potential neuroprotective mechanism of Tyrosol.
5. Tyrosol has cytoprotective effect in I/R-caused myocyte mortality was involved with the mitigation of ROS, prohibition of the activation of ERK, JNK and caspase-8, and elevation of Hsp70 and Bcl-2/Bax ratio.
6. Tyrosol is a quorum-sensing molecule in Candida albicans, it has important implications on the dynamics of growth and morphogenesis in Candida.
1. Timosaponin BII has anti-dementia activity.
2. Timosaponin BII may be useful for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
3. Timosaponin BII has antioxidant activity, can inhibit the up-regulation of BACE1 and reduced the over-production of β-CTF and Aβ in rat retina, which was induced by FeCl₃.
1. High Folic acid inhibits MTHFR activity in vitro, and MTHFR protein was reduced in FASD-fed mice.
2. The combined use of enalapril and Folic acid, compared with enalapril alone, significantly reduced the risk of first stroke.
3. Both local perfusion of 5-MTHF and supplementation with Folic acid increase vasodilatation in ageing individuals through NO-dependent mechanisms.
1. Morusinol may significantly inhibit arterial thrombosis in vivo due to antiplatelet activity, may exert beneficial effects on transient ischemic attacks or stroke via the modulation of platelet activation.