1.Madecassoside protects neuroprotective, stroke damage and D-gal-induced cognitive impairment due to its ability to reduce oxidative damage, improve synaptic plasticity and restore cholinergic function.
2.Madecassoside has anti-arthritis properties not by absorption into blood or by its metabolite, but through an intestine-dependent manner.
1. Timosaponin BII has anti-dementia activity.
2. Timosaponin BII may be useful for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
3. Timosaponin BII has antioxidant activity, can inhibit the up-regulation of BACE1 and reduced the over-production of β-CTF and Aβ in rat retina, which was induced by FeCl₃.
1. Dl-3-n-Butylphthalide has antihypertensive effects, may slow the progression of hypertensive nephropathy by a variety of mechanisms.
2. 3-n-Butylphthalide is effective for improving cognitive and global functioning in patients with subcortical VCIND and exhibits good safety, this effect might be mediated by preventing the decline of the central cholinergic system.