Scopolamine hydrobromide is a competitive muscarinic acetylcholine receptor with an IC50 of 55.3 nM, it also reversibly inhibited the 5-HT3 receptor-responses with an IC50 of 2.09 μM. Sscopolamine hydrobromide nasal gel is a safe and promising therapeutic alternative to existing medications for motion sickness, it and NaHCO3 can be used to treat tetrodotoxin (TTX) poisoning.
1. 5'-Demethylaquillochin exhibits the most potential chemopreventive ability.
2. 5'-Demethylaquillochin and its isomer from the dichloromethane extract of E. cavaleriei have potential as chemopreventive agents through induction of detoxification enzymes.
Melatonin, a hormone produced in the brain, is a potent melatonin receptor activator, and possesses important anti-cancer, antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties, it can reduce lead toxicity in vivo and in vitro. Melatonin may be useful as a pharmacological agent to protect against hepatic metabolic diseases due to its ability to regulate expression of miR-23a.
1. Leachianone A possesses a profound cytotoxic activity against human hepatoma cell line HepG2 in vitro, with an IC(50) value of 3.4microg/ml post-48-h treatment, its action mechanism via induction of apoptosis involved both extrinsic and intrinsic pathways.
2. Leachianone A is a potential antitoxic agent, it shows inhibitory effects on cadmium- Induced cytotoxicity, furthermore, leachianone A shows dose-dependency in detoxication.
3. Leachianone A exhibits inhibitory activity against Sodium-dependent glucose cotransporter 2(SGLT2).