1. Ganoderol B is an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor.
2. Ganoderol B is a potent α-glucosidase inhibitor isolated from the fruiting body of Ganoderma lucidum.
3. Ganoderol B may be useful in prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) therapy through suppressing the function of androgen and its receptor.
1. Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) is a compound widely used in plastics technology to impart flexibility to rigid polymers, DEHP has oral toxicity during pregnancy and suckling in the Long-Evans rat.
2. Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate and Perinatal butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) can induce antiandrogenic effects in Spague-Dawley (SD) rats.
3. Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate has toxic or endocrine disrupting effects on aquatic species in water bodies.
4. Bis-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate is the most commonly used plasticizing agent for the widely used plastic polyvinylchloride (PVC), is an ubiquitous environmental contaminant, many workers have demonstrated its exceedingly low acute toxicity, while results from chronic exposure studies have been mixed.
5. In 1982 the National Toxicology Program reported a significantly increased incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in rats and mice exposed to high doses of DEHP over a period of two years.
|CFN99815||Ganoderic acid DM
1. Ganoderic acid DM effectively inhibits cell proliferation and colony formation in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells, which is much stronger than that of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells.
2. Ganoderic Acid DM is an antiandrogenic osteoclastogenesis inhibitor.
3. Ganoderic acid DM especially suppresses the expression of c-Fos and nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1), this suppression leads to the inhibition of dendritic cell-specific transmembrane protein (DC-STAMP) expression and reduces osteoclast fusion.
4. Ganoderic acid DM has shown toxicity to both androgen-dependent and independent prostate cancer cells with reduced osteoclastogenesis in late stage metastatic disease, it may an alternative agent for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
1. Myricanone has anticancer activity.
2. Myricanone has apoptosis-promoting ability by triggering caspase activation, and suppression of cell proliferation by down-regulation of NF-κB and STAT3 signalling cascades.
1. Cryptotanshinone has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activities.
2. Cryptotanshinone may acts as an antidiabetes and antiobesity agent.
3. Cryptotanshinone has anti-cancer activity, includes against human hepatoma cells by reducing expression of MAP2K1 mRNA and activating AMP-activated protein kinase .
4. Cryptotanshinone reverses DEX-induced androgen excess and ovarian IR in mice through activation of insulin signaling and the regulation of glucose transporters and hormone-synthesizing enzymes.