Ganoderol B is a potent α-glucosidase and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, with an IC(50) of α-glucosidase is 119.8 uM. It may be useful in prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) therapy through suppressing the function of androgen and its receptor.
1. Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) is a compound widely used in plastics technology to impart flexibility to rigid polymers, DEHP has oral toxicity during pregnancy and suckling in the Long-Evans rat.
2. Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate and Perinatal butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) can induce antiandrogenic effects in Spague-Dawley (SD) rats.
3. Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate has toxic or endocrine disrupting effects on aquatic species in water bodies.
4. Bis-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate is the most commonly used plasticizing agent for the widely used plastic polyvinylchloride (PVC), is an ubiquitous environmental contaminant, many workers have demonstrated its exceedingly low acute toxicity, while results from chronic exposure studies have been mixed.
5. In 1982 the National Toxicology Program reported a significantly increased incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in rats and mice exposed to high doses of DEHP over a period of two years.
|CFN99815||Ganoderic acid DM
1. Ganoderic acid DM effectively inhibits cell proliferation and colony formation in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells, which is much stronger than that of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells.
2. Ganoderic Acid DM is an antiandrogenic osteoclastogenesis inhibitor.
3. Ganoderic acid DM especially suppresses the expression of c-Fos and nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1), this suppression leads to the inhibition of dendritic cell-specific transmembrane protein (DC-STAMP) expression and reduces osteoclast fusion.
4. Ganoderic acid DM has shown toxicity to both androgen-dependent and independent prostate cancer cells with reduced osteoclastogenesis in late stage metastatic disease, it may an alternative agent for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
1. Myricanone has anticancer activity.
2. Myricanone has apoptosis-promoting ability by triggering caspase activation, and suppression of cell proliferation by down-regulation of NF-κB and STAT3 signalling cascades.
3. Myricanone displays significant antioxidant activity.
4. Myricanone shows in vitro testosterone 5alpha-reductase inhibitory activity and in vivo anti-androgenic activity using growth of flank organ in castrated Syrian hamsters and/or hair regrowth after shaving in testosterone-treated C57Black/6CrSlc mice.
1. Cryptotanshinone(CT) reverses DEX-induced androgen excess and ovarian IR in mice through activation of insulin signaling and the regulation of glucose transporters and hormone-synthesizing enzymes.
2. Cryptotanshinone has an inhibitory effect on MMP-9 production and migration of human aortic smooth muscle cells treated with TNF-alpha in a dose-dependent manner, suggests that CT has anti-atherosclerosis and anti-neointimal formation activity.
3. Cryptotanshinone enhances TNF-α-induced apoptosis in chronic myeloid leukemia KBM-5 cells, in comparison with the treatment with either drug alone, the treatment with cryptotanshinone further suppressed TNF-α-mediated expression of c-FLIP.
4. Cryptotanshinone as an AR inhibitor to suppress androgen/AR-mediated cell growth and PSA expression by blocking AR dimerization and the AR-coregulator complex formation.
5. Cryptotanshinone induces ER stress-mediated apoptosis in HepG2 and MCF7 cells , also evidences sensitizing effects to a broad range of anti-cancer agents including Fas/Apo-1, TNF-α, cisplatin, etoposide or 5-FU through inducing ER stress, highlighting the therapeutic potential in the treatment of human hepatoma and breast cancer. 6. Cryptotanshinone protects primary cortical neurons from -induced neurotoxicity through the activation of /pathway, such neuroprotective effects may be of interest in AD and other neurodegenerative diseases.
7. Cryptotanshinone can inhibits cyclooxygenase-2 enzyme activity.