1. Taraxasterol has anti-inflammatory effect by blocking NF-κB pathway, it can inhibit NO, PGE(2), TNF-α, IL-1β and IL-6 production in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 macrophages in a dose-dependent manner, and prevent the LPS-induced NF-κB translocation from cytoplasm into nuclear.
2. Taraxasterol has protective effect on allergic asthma induced by ovalbumin (OVA) in mice.
1. Narirutin has antiproliferative property.
2. Narirutin has anti-oxidant property.
3. Narirutin has anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties , can reduce airway inflammation in ovalbumin (OVA)-sensitized / challenged NC / Nga mice ,a model of allergic eosinophilic airway inflammation.
1. Quercetin 3-O-methyl ether is a potent phosphodiesterase (PDE)3/4 inhibitor, it has potential for treating asthma against ovalbumin-induced airway hyperresponsiveness .
1. Licochalcone A exhibits potent antimalarial activity via and might be developed into a new antimalarial drug.
2. Licochalcone A had anti-tumor activity in all cell lines tested and enhanced the effect of paclitaxel and vinblastine chemotherapy.
3.Licochalcone A induced apoptosis in MCF-7 and HL-60 cell lines, as demonstrated by cleavage of PARP, the substrate of ICE-like proteases.
4. Licochalcone A exhibits a strong antileishmanial activity ,that appropriate substituted chalcones might be a new class of antileishmanial drugs.
1. 3-O-Methylquercetin may exert its anti-inflammatory effect through the inhibition of iNOS DNA transcription.
2. 3-O-Methylquercetin is a selective and competitive PDE3/PDE4 inhibitor, and inhibits PDE3 than PDE4 with a low K(m) value.
3. 3-O-Methylquercetin inhibits total cAMP- and cGMP-phosphodiesterase (PDE) of guinea pig trachealis at low concentrations.
4. 3-O-Methylquercetin has both anti-inflammatory and bronchodilating effects, and has the potential for use in the treatment of asthma at a dose without affecting blood pressure.