1. Ginsenoside Re is an effective antidiabetic agent via significant antioxidant efficacy, particularly in the prevention of diabetic microvasculopathy.
2. Ginsenoside Re is a protective agent for the heart against ischemia, by enhancing the slowly activating component of the delayed rectifier K+ current (IKs) and suppresses the L-type Ca2+ current (ICa,L) to shorten action potential duration(APD).
1. Lithospermic acid is a cardiotonic agent;
1. Lithospermic acid possesses anti-HIV activity.
2. Lithospermic acid shows anti-gonadotrophic and anti-thyroidal effects.