1. Ginsenoside Re inhibits Ca2+ accumulation in mitochondria during cardiac ischemia/reperfusion, it also exerts antiischemic effect and induces angiogenic regeneration.
2. Ginsenoside Re has anti-diabetic and anti-hyperlipidemic activities ,can improve hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia through activation of AMPK, and confer beneficial effects on type 2 diabetic patients with insulin resistance and dyslipidemia.
3. Ginsenoside Re can improve the cognition of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats,the mechanism is by its anti-inflammation and antioxidation; glycemic control benefits the attenuation of diabetes-associated cognitive decline.
4. Ginsenoside Re can hyperpolarize HCAECs,and this effect can be reversed by apamin, suggests ginsenoside Re increases HCAEC outward current via SKCa channel activation, and NSC channel is not involved.
5. Ginsenoside Re increases the proliferation of CD4+ T cells with decreases cell death, and enhances viability of CD4+T cells through the regulation of IFN-γ-dependent autophagy activity.
6. Ginsenoside Re exhibits potent neuroprotective effects against neuroinflammation in a murine model of ALS, ginsenoside Re treatment can reduce the loss of motor neurons and active-microglia-related expression of Iba-1 in the spinal cord of symptom.
1. Lithospermic acid is a cardiotonic agent;
1. Lithospermic acid possesses anti-HIV activity.
2. Lithospermic acid shows anti-gonadotrophic and anti-thyroidal effects.