Shikimic acid(Shikimate), more commonly known as its anionic form shikimate, is an important biochemical intermediate in plants and microorganisms, has great potential for the design and synthesis of enzyme inhibitors. It reversed the H2O2 induced oxidative damage in hepatocytes, probably through the inhibition of NF-κB, with the activation of PI3K/Akt/Nrf2 pathway and reduction of apoptosis by interfering the SAPK/JNK/Bax pathway; it also profoundly inhibited pancreatic lipase activity by 66%, thus providing another valuable therapeutic aspect for treating diet induced obesity in humans.
Dipsacoside B shows strong antimicrobial activity (MIC values 1.80-2.50 μg/mL).
1. D-Glucosamine hydrochloride is an endogenous amino monosaccharide synthesized from glucose that is useful in the treatment of joint diseases in both humans and animals.
2. Fucoxanthin is an effective anti-arthritis agent through an antiinflammation mechanism, fucoxanthin may enhance therapeutic effect of glucosamine hydrochloride on rat arthritis through mechanism of antiinflammation.
3. D-glucosamine hydrochloride has antimicrobial effect on the common 21 strains of food spoilage microorganisms, it could as preservative agent was used to preserve nature eleo juice.
4. D-Glucosamine Hydrochloride has antitumor effects.
5. D-glucosamine hydrochloride induces cell apoptosis by blocking of cell-cycle.
1. Maackiain and medicarpin are two antimicrobial compounds (phytoalexins).
2. Maackiain shows strong larvicidal activity (LC50 = 21.95 ± 1.34 ug/mL).
3. Maackiain induces apoptosis and growth suppression.
4. MAK1 is the second functional gene cloned from Maackiain detoxification.
1. 2,3,8-tri-O-Methyl ellagic acid has antimicrobial activity agaist Vibro cholera, Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bacillus cereus, Escherichia coli .