1. Shikimic acid plays a pivotal role as a key intermediate in the shikimate pathway toward the synthesis of several aromatic amino acids and a variety of secondary metabolites in plants, fungi, and microorganisms.
2. Shikimic acid has great potential for the design and synthesis of enzyme inhibitors which may selectively block specific enzyme-catalysed transformations along this pathway.
3. Shikimate can be used to synthesise (6S)-6-Fluoroshikimic acid, an antibiotic which inhibits the aromatic biosynthetic pathway.
1. Dipsacoside B shows strong antimicrobial activity (MIC values 1.80-2.50 µg/mL).
1. D-Glucosamine hydrochloride is an endogenous amino monosaccharide synthesized from glucose that is useful in the treatment of joint diseases in both humans and animals.
2. Fucoxanthin is an effective anti-arthritis agent through an antiinflammation mechanism, fucoxanthin may enhance therapeutic effect of glucosamine hydrochloride on rat arthritis through mechanism of antiinflammation.
3. D-glucosamine hydrochloride has antimicrobial effect on the common 21 strains of food spoilage microorganisms, it could as preservative agent was used to preserve nature eleo juice.
4. D-Glucosamine Hydrochloride has antitumor effects.
5. D-glucosamine hydrochloride induces cell apoptosis by blocking of cell-cycle.
1. Maackiain and medicarpin are two antimicrobial compounds (phytoalexins).
2. Maackiain shows strong larvicidal activity (LC50 = 21.95 ± 1.34 ug/mL).
3. Maackiain induces apoptosis and growth suppression.
4. MAK1 is the second functional gene cloned from Maackiain detoxification.
1. 2,3,8-tri-O-Methyl ellagic acid has antimicrobial activity agaist Vibro cholera, Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bacillus cereus, Escherichia coli .