1. Senkyunolide I may be an active component of L. chuanxiong, traditionally used to treat migraine, the mechanism of pain relief in migraine model rats may be through adjusting the levels of monoamine neurotransmitters and their turnover rates, as well as decreasing nitric oxide levels in the blood and brain; therefore, senkyunolide I may be developed as a potential treatment for migraine pain.
2. Senkyunolide I can reduce the metamorphose damage of the RBC caused by ConA, the aggregation of the RBC can be alleviated by it.
3. Senkyunolide I can protect rat brain against focal cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury by up-regulating p-Erk1/2, Nrf2/HO-1 and inhibiting caspase 3, the neuroprotective mechanisms of itI are associated with its anti-oxidation and anti-apoptosis properties.
1. Parthenolide activates both apoptosis pathway and AMPK-autophagy survival pathway through the generation of ROS, and that suppression of AMPK or autophagy can potentially enhance the anti-cancer effect of Parthenolide on breast cancer cells.
2. Parthenolide inhibits osteoclast differentiation and bone resorbing activity by down-regulation of NFATc1 induction and c-Fos stability, during RANKL-mediated osteoclastogenesis.
3. Parthenolide has in vitro activity against Leishmania amazonensis.
4. Parthenolide exhibits a variety of anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects, it can attenuate LPS-induced fever, circulating cytokines and markers of brain inflammation in rats, has the potential to reduce brain inflammation.
5. Parthenolide inhibits nociception and neurogenic vasodilatation in the trigeminovascular system by targeting the TRPA1 channel, may contribute to the antimigraine effect of parthenolide.
6. Parthenolide, an inhibitor of the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway, cam ameliorate cardiovascular derangement and outcome in endotoxic shock in rodents.